1lucy1
hullojodie

Taking children out of school for travelling

1lucy1

Con

A school governor took her two young children out of school for year to travel the world.
Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

I believe she was wrong in doing this.

Debate as you please.
hullojodie

Pro

I believe that the decision they made was perfectly acceptable and valid. What they don't focus on in this article is the fact that the girls have continued their studies while travelling around the world, although I feel like the lessons they are learning as they travel are more important for life, culturally than anything they could learn at school. This opportunity is rare and should be taken with open arms. The parents had the legal right to remove their children from school and take them around the world- they're not completely separating the girls from their studies and have worked with their previous primary school to create a smaller curriculum that the girls can learn as they travel. So they shouldn't be punished or perceived in a bad way for following their decision to travel.
1lucy1

Con

1lucy1 forfeited this round.
hullojodie

Pro

hullojodie forfeited this round.
1lucy1

Con

1lucy1 forfeited this round.
hullojodie

Pro

hullojodie forfeited this round.
Posted by 1lucy1 1 year ago
1lucy1
Ouch, yeah, because I don't enjoy being told to go on this site and create random debates from the daily mail for school :/
Posted by Linkstart 1 year ago
Linkstart
I agree with you Jedd
Posted by Jedd 1 year ago
Jedd
Either way, I'm jealous of them to have such a grand opportunity and I guess Lucy is too