Badman
Vedney

Taking things too seriously is bad, yo.

Badman

Pro

First round is for rejection.

All other rounds are for anything but debating.

The first two sentences have absolutely no relevance to the remainder of this debate and should be completely ignored.
Vedney

Con

If someone doesn't take a difficult situation seriously enough, he/she may fail to accomplish a task due to lack of serious attention to the objective. Failing a task is rarely positive.
Badman

Pro

If someone fails a task, they succeeded at failing it.
Vedney

Con

I stated earlier that failing at a task is rarely positive. Therefore, I implied that succeding at a task is rarely negative. I want to promote emphasis on the word "rarely." You have stated one of the few times that failing is a positive thing and succeding is a negative thing.

My point still stands. Excluding obvious negative objectives (e.g. murder), directing serious attention towards a positive objective would end in a positive result.
Badman

Pro

Succeeding isn't positive and failing isn't negative because not only is attaching digital attributes to analogous measures completely illogical (positivity and negativity being analogous) but it is impossible to succeed at something without failing to do all the other things one could have done instead and impossible to fail at something without succeeding at achieving the opposite effect.
Vedney

Con

Let us not argue whether or not success or failure towards success or failure is positive or negative and return to debating whether or not seriousness is a liability towards accomplishing a specific objective.

I repeat: Seriousness would help increase focus on accomplishing a desired goal.
Badman

Pro

My opponent argues that seriousness sis inherently benign in nature.

I argue that too much of benevolence is inherently malign as it is too much.

Too much of anything is a bad thing as it is over what the maximum should be.

Disregarding that argument is the more pressing issue that my opponent is yet to show one shred of evidence that seriousness is positive or 'good' in any light or manner.
Vedney

Con

Pro: "...my opponent is yet to show one shred of evidence that seriousness is positive or 'good' in any light or manner."

Con: "I repeat: Seriousness would help increase focus on accomplishing a desired goal."

Excess does not make something bad, misuse does.
Badman

Pro

If you are doing something in excess then you are 'misusing' your utilities.

Checkmate.
Vedney

Con

I'm going to leave it to the voters.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
BadmanVedneyTied
Reasons for voting decision: I'm nulling this debate, it was nonsense.