9spaceking
GodChoosesLife

Tangled is Better than Frozen

9spaceking
Started: 7/12/2014 Category: Movies

9spaceking

Pro

The full resolution: Tangled is a better movie than Frozen, quality-wise.
Round one is for acceptance only.
Just in case it's not clear, this is Tangled:

And this is Frozen:

Burden of Proof is shared.

If my opponent manages to beat me, she will have the option to challenge me to a much better movie IMO versus Frozen, if she wishes to.

Good luck and have fun, GodChoosesLife!
GodChoosesLife

Con

Accept :)
This should be entertaining.
9spaceking

Pro

There are many ways in which Frozen cannot surpass Tangled.
First, off, the villains...
Hans versus Mother Gothel.
Mother Gothel is a far far more complex villain than Hans. You could tell she was a villain from miles away, but she acted incredibly and convinced Rupunzel that the world was dangerous. Seriously, you know she's sly, she's lying, but at the same time...within her song, she's amazing, acting like a warm careful mother while still revealing the cold-blooded dark side of her (the sly quiet scary voice). Just listen to the song! (The video) ;
In fact, if you remove her voice, it even sounds like the song could have been sang by the good guy...second video: ;(start at around 0:30). This just shows how complex Mother Gothel is. Furthermore, her plan did not fail, and as arrogant as she were, stating directly "don't come back crying...mother knows best." And she was right. She even had a reprise to prove her slyness (third video). ;
In conclusion Mother Gothel is a more complicated and developed villain compared to Hans.

The plot holes
Tangled has pretty much no plot holes. On the other hand, Frozen has many many plot holes which do not help it to become a superior movie...
1. The Trolls caused the problems--seriously? "Fear is her worst enemy." You're just asking the parents to lock her up forever and HOPE she gets control of her powers
2. Did Elsa NOT (truly) love her parents?!--sure, her fear grew worse and worse, but how could it POSSIBLY overpower her love of her parents!?
3. The dudes cutting ice--What happened to Kristoff"s parents? I mean, yes, they died, okay, I believe that--then, Who are those other ice miners then? Why did they let this little kid and his reindeer out on the ice with them? Isn"t that extremely dangerous?
4. Where did Elsa"s powers come from?--and HOW did the trolls know about this? They may know magic. They may know how to raise the dead. But unless somebody else had this power before Elsa, the trolls could not possibly know. Even if they did, they'd have to credit someone with powers before Elsa. They can't just go like "Fear is her worst enemy. Yep, I know what I'm doing. Even though I haven't told you how I know this stuff. Even though your book says I only know magic and how to raise dead. Eeyup."
5. After their parents died, who actually kept the gates shut? I mean, no one else knew why they were keeping the gates shut, so what made them do it? The princess who never left her room? Hmmmmm.
6. who took care of things between their parents dying and Elsa"s coronation? If Elsa was locked in her room and Anna was roaming the halls, who was running the place?!
7. WHY DOESN"T KRISTOFF RECOGNIZE ANNA?! He remembers when he saw Grand Pabbie take care of her the first time. I know they were both young, but it"s very obvious she was a princess, with an older sister with ice powers, AND she has her white streak in her hair. It is impossible that Kristoff forgets such a kind of a person.
8.Elsa can bring snow creatures to life.....?! This was never explained before. Indeed, her powers are awesome, and she can build a great ice castle. Indeed, she can cause heart-freeze and literal brain-freeze. But NOTHING suggests she can build live snowman, at least up to the point of Let it Go. FAIL PLOTHOLE, and "Olaf was funny" does not excuse this poorly explained randomly come-alive scene.
9. Anna cannot possibly know Kristoff's name. That's right--Kristoff never introduces his real full name, so how could Anna ever know it's "Christopher"??? The only way for my opponent to disprove this is to show the script and that Kristoff actually introduced himself as Christopher.

And finally the side-characters are much better in Tangled. Both the chameleon and the horse within Tangled express much personlity and funness.

In contrast within Frozen the trolls pretty much cause the problem and hope that Elsa gets hold of her powers instead of out-right stating true love is needed. Olaf was just random and causing yet another plot hole--how did he find the room and unlock it with his carrot? It's like Batman hitting the target on his first try. It would take forever for Olaf to find the room which Elsa is contained within.

I might be unavailible for the next rounds and forfeit, just a heads-up.
Onto you, con.
GodChoosesLife

Con

Thank you 9spaceking for this interesting debate. Should be fun!

Although yes, it may be true that the mother showed slyness yet still showing her dark side,
Take Hans from Frozen though, he never showed anything up until at the right moment of his true motives. He not only deceived all the people of the place but he deceived Anna and Elsa both which makes him better than the evil mother from tangled.
http://youtu.be...

Another aspect of Frozen that Tangled lacks is that Anna as the sister of Elsa just shows so much love, compassion, forgiveness and a desire to just be with her regardless of what power she has or not. Anna had a part of her memory removed so she could have easily been hostile and cruel to Elsa for pushing her away, now Elsa could've been a little more considerate, sure, but she was only acting out of fear of protecting her sister although she unintentionally harmed Anna, but Anna definitely showed her love to her sister!
http://youtu.be...

Olaf, he isn't a random role at all... He is a memory that Anna and Elsa both had growing up as little girls and although Elsa created him, he was definitely a character of guidance and was like a little guardian but with gentleness. He was also a dreamer and he's so cute! ;)
http://youtu.be...

Therefore, because of just these three things frozen is the best because it shows some things that could relate to realistic activities. Tangled doesn't have that same concept.

(It's okay if you don't get all rounds done).
9spaceking

Pro

Hans: this was so darn random, it's like the creators just put him in within the last second! Hans even smiles after falling out the boat!
http://disney.wikia.com...
Plus, Hans does not seem nearly as manipulative as Gothel, because Gothel uses the crown in addition to revenge on Flynn to entice her " henchmen".

LOVE: um, Flynn loves Rupunzel.

OLAF: the come- alive part was random.

New argument: Flyinn is a better character than Kristoff. Frozen could have worked without Kristoff, while Flynn was crucial, a stepping stone for Rupunzel and helping her along, as well as learning that he did not have to be the villain and live a good life. Kristoff has nothing.
In addition Tangled songs are better, holding more meaning and a solid track top-to-bottom....From the Dream song to the Light song, everything is executed the way it should be-- even the mini Flower Song is mysterious, gloomy, and contrasts to Rupunzel's singing it in a major- scale fashion in contrast to Gothel's grim version of the song. Frozen fails to create a good sound track with a dumb troll song and a "meh" Olaf song.
GCL has also completely failed to counter my plot- holes argument. I extend it.
GodChoosesLife

Con

GodChoosesLife forfeited this round.
9spaceking

Pro

Arguments extended.
I hope GCL gets this final round.
Good debate!
Vote me!
GodChoosesLife

Con

My apologies for my FF, I had an emergency situation going on and couldn't exactly respond although I tried to remember to get to it.

Since this is the last round, I am obligated to semi-FF although my opponent allowed me to have further extension in my rebuttals, but it would be unfair.

I have not had a chance to do any searching around to answer his arguments either to refute them. But thanks again for this fun debate and sorry I didn't put much time into it. Best of wishes to you!
Posted by betteroffdeb 2 years ago
betteroffdeb
As an adult taking kids to these movies, I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed Tangled and found Frozen annoying. Tangled had humor for both kids and adults. Unless, you really enjoy singing, Frozen left me cold.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
indeed lol
Posted by GodChoosesLife 2 years ago
GodChoosesLife
@Domr: we appreciate you taking time to vote on this debate of ours; however, you accidentally gave me the conduct points when it was me who ff. So you should change the point for 9spaceking.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
yez. but she didn't even try. :P
Posted by NiamC 2 years ago
NiamC
Didn't SpencerJoyage do a debate on this?
Posted by GodChoosesLife 2 years ago
GodChoosesLife
I'm so sorry I missed my round... I got busy an completely forgot about posting :(
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
urga...things aren't looking good...5 hours left.
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
BTW that was 4,000 characters?? the limit is worse than I thought.
If this continues I'll have to get a rematch with 8,000 characters.
Or just challenge the real deal.
Posted by birdlandmemories 2 years ago
birdlandmemories
Yo
Posted by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
the character limit threw me a little off tho, cuz I also need to say why Flynn surpasses Kristoff as a character, as well as why the songs are better. I'll try to do that next round and shortly rebut your arguments.
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
FuzzyCatPotato
9spacekingGodChoosesLifeTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
9spacekingGodChoosesLifeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con missed out on two very important rounds.
Vote Placed by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
9spacekingGodChoosesLifeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con missed out on 2 rounds which was very damaging. Pro has shown more positives in tangled and exposed frozen a plot holes, real well.