Sweet_poiSon
jd6089

Tattoo: is a decoration or a way of self expression?

Con Tied Pro
Reasons for your voting decision - Required

Sweet_poiSon

Con

Hi my opponent, I'm a freshman so do not be so severe=)))

I would like to propose a debate on the idea of Tattoo: is a decoration or a way of self expression? I will argue con.
Tattoos are the most common form of body art that are very popular amongst the young crowd. What makes tattoos such a big hit? Why do people get tattoos, if they are so painful? For some, it's a fad, someone wants to stand out from the crowd and perhaps to show their independence.

Personally, I am not a big supporter of tattoos. Perhaps now, it's beautiful. What would happen if the fashion for the drawings will be held, and the tattoo will remain forever. Firstly, over time even the most beautiful tattoo altered. You also can not guarantee that the lifetime does not change your weight and constitution; skin becomes all wrinkled! So, the line of tattoos, even the most delicate are blurred, and the picture will turn into something shapeless. Will you like this "decoration"?
Secondly, tattoo can cause dermatitis, a variety of allergic reaction and even inflammatory(even if it has complied with all safety precautions and you shouldn't have brought the infection) It is just a start=)

Thank you for your time, I hope you accept this challenge
jd6089

Pro

My opponent is not clear with regard to the resolution. she writes "I would like to propose a debate on the idea of Tattoo: is a decoration or a way of self expression? I will argue con."

It seems she is taking the position that tats are not forms of decoration and self expression.

Definitions:

decoration: something that adorns, enriches, or beautifies [1]

My opponent does not argue that tattoos are not decorative immediately rather she says over time they lose it.

Any act based on a persons decision is a form of self expression.

[1]http://www.merriam-webster.com...
Sweet_poiSon

Con

Sweet_poiSon forfeited this round.
jd6089

Pro

jd6089 forfeited this round.
Sweet_poiSon

Con

Sweet_poiSon forfeited this round.
jd6089

Pro

jd6089 forfeited this round.
Posted by jm_notguilty 6 years ago
jm_notguilty
If you want to hear other people's opinions, try the forums, not make a formal debate, my question is still unanswered.
Posted by marcuscato 6 years ago
marcuscato
Whats the topic? Its not clear.
Is it
a)tattoo decoration vs self expression debate
b)Are tattoos good" debate
Posted by Sweet_poiSon 6 years ago
Sweet_poiSon
Thank you for your comment
I just want to know another opinion about this topic, as for me, it is just a bad taste
Posted by Sweet_poiSon 6 years ago
Sweet_poiSon
Thank you for your comment
Posted by jm_notguilty 6 years ago
jm_notguilty
So, from what I understand, you're arguing that tattoos are a way of self expression?

Or.. is this even a tattoo decoration vs self expression debate, or an "Are tattoos good" debate?
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
Sweet_poiSonjd6089Tied
Reasons for voting decision: FAIL DEBATE, as both sides dropped out... (checking the voting period debates, from Least To Most votes. By giving this one, it won't be prioritized in the system anymore.)