brented
brad1999

Tattooing and piercing

Started: 5/16/2015 Category: Arts

brented

Con

I am just curious. What is it with all of the ear gauging and tattooing? Is this something that people are trying to do introduce us into a tribal society? Ear gauging and tattooing is a custom amongst aborigines. The practice of ear gauging is originally not thought of as a fad; it is practiced amongst the hierarchy of their society. They also run around naked. Is this really the message that people are trying to send, that they want to be as the aborigines? For centuries they were looked down upon by the more civilized societies as thought to be stupid and uneducated. Are we trying to create a new form of aboriginal acceptance. Not trying to judge; I am just curious as to what is the ultimate goal of this new trend. Are we slowly going to see the same people walking the streets of America in the nude or possibly just a loin cloth?
brad1999

Pro

i accept this debate
brented

Con

brented forfeited this round.
brad1999

Pro

brad1999 forfeited this round.
brented

Con

brented forfeited this round.
brad1999

Pro

brad1999 forfeited this round.
brented

Con

brented forfeited this round.
brad1999

Pro

brad1999 forfeited this round.
brented

Con

brented forfeited this round.
brad1999

Pro

brad1999 forfeited this round.
Posted by AlarisaTran 2 years ago
AlarisaTran
As a person who is working for Art, I personally think that Art is definitely very complicated to be defined or even be fully observed in a certain form. I get what you mean when you bring up the idea of tribal because yes ear-gauging/tattoos/piercing does somehow make people look like they're from some tribes but it still depends you know. There are many types of tattoos. Ear-gauging and piercing is another thing but like tattoos, it's a type of body-mods. Let's see it from another perspective. Let's say the idea of tribal culture has brought to ear-gauging/piercing/tattoos but it doesn't always mean that we bring humans back to the tribal ways in which, as you said, there is no education. It might be the idea of freedom and strength, solidarity and surviving, even more that tribal life has might influences art. So it's really complex and depends on how each person see it. Also, if a person is okay with having tattoos and ear-gauged/piercing then what can we say?!
Posted by brented 2 years ago
brented
Again, not the point I am trying to make. Either make a solid argument or stop posting one.
Posted by brented 2 years ago
brented
That isn't my point.
Posted by Jasonthecon 2 years ago
Jasonthecon
It also is worn by people who like metal or something dark...
Posted by brented 2 years ago
brented
I didn't think it was wrong to start a debate about this. I think it's an insult to the aboriginal culture to just use their symbols for something that has become a fad.
Posted by brented 2 years ago
brented
Posted by Varrack 2 years ago
Varrack
You can get feedback in the forums too. But starting a debate on a question isn't necessarily wrong either.
Posted by brented 2 years ago
brented
It's a question that I have and am wanting some feedback.
Posted by AngelofDeath 2 years ago
AngelofDeath
This shouldn't be a debate. It should be part of the arts, misc, society, or personal forum