Tattoos Before 18

Started: 10/29/2014 Category: Fashion

Tattoos, a staple in American culture since ancient times. Started by the ancient peoples of the southwest. Believing the inscriptions of animals and symbols on their body would provide good hunting, and blessing from the gods.
Long gone are the days of tattoos having a valid meaning to people. Today they are nothing more than an accessory , such as earrings and lipstick. When asked if it should be okay for a person to get a tattoo before they are 18, I am strongly against. To me, if you are under 18 , chances are you still live at home. If you were to get a tattoo of something offensive or repulsive, that not only reflects on you, but on those who you live with. Though tattoos can be harmful to a reputation, they can also pose other risks. Tattoos have been known to infect the bloodstream, and can cause health issues. Some people can have allergic reactions to the ink, especially red and green. The site of a tattoo is also a wonderful opportunity for skin infections. But these are all small issues right? After all, 'swag ain't free'.
This is my stance on the tattoo issue. I hope you can present a valid argument which counterbalances the 1253 characters which it took to write this marvelous piece of awesome.

Even if all these thing are true, it is your body you can do what you want with it. If you can cover your tattoo up and you are comfortable, what does it matter. If your parents give their consent for you to get the tattoo, no one is going to be affected by it but you. I think getting a tattoo would be a fun experience. If you have the money and the time to get a tattoo, and your parents are OK with it why not get one.
Vote Placed by Mr.Grace 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: I felt that neither debater made the most of essay form. Con began with too many sentence fragments and ending weakly. Pro only offered a brief paragraph with little elaboration.