Nickflanagan
Ariesx

Tattoos being viewed negatively.

Ariesx
Started: 1/21/2016 Category: Arts

Nickflanagan

Con

I believe that tattoos are currently viewed negatively, but here are some reasons why I believe that should not be so. Viewing a tattoo negatively says more about the person viewing, than it does about the person with the tattoo. If you look at a tattoo from the perspective of "tattoos are trashy" then you will be accompanied by corresponding negative thoughts. I believe that judging a person based upon their physical appearance is a poor way to approach life. Personally, I have many tattoos.. On my hands I have the words "try again" and "let it be". On my chest it says "rise above", and on my back it says "salvation lies within". These are things that I have learned throughout my life and things that I believe to be important. If somebody were to not hire me because I have positive and encouraging messages on my body, then that is not somebody whom I would want to work for in the first place. The thought of "tattoos look unprofessional" should not even be an argument. Because if you really care about what you are doing, physical appearance is not of any importance. It is what you have done with your life and who you are and WHAT YOU DO that is of real importance. If "professionalism" is the result of wearing a suit and tie and fitting a certain persona.. then you are being subjected to the same kind of existential criteria. What you look like is not of importance. People change. Circumstances change. Lets us recognize external expressions, but not be defined by them. Let us recognize the common union between people and shirk off the trivial physical aspects.
Ariesx

Pro

I interpret your argument as a stance against people who would normally wear casual clothes or business suits. I will just say that tattoos are viewed negatively, because of the people that wear them. Your argument can be applied to many things. I could easily say that if I wear a business suit. People view be as a professional, but I am actually a really fun guy, and people should stop judging me. I could say I wear a shirt and a short, but people keep thinking I am casual. I am actually a really unique guy. I could say I wear a leather jacket and blue jeans, but people keep thinking I ride a motorcycle. I don't. It is just my fashion. I could say I wear makeup around my eyes, and wear dark clothes, and people think I am an emo, but I am actually just a normal casual guy. What you wear is what defines you. We live in a society like that. Now, going back to tattoos. Sociologists have actually studied people with tattoos, and have surveyed them. http://www.riverfronttimes.com...
The studies conclude that they are more prone to socially unacceptable behavior. They express themselves like that. It is a sign. I do not blame people for looking at tattoos negatively. I know that every individual is different, but I know that a great majority of people that have tattoos have a different kind of personality. Personalities that people will view negatively. I think you are different though. I don't think the people that this study refers to also implies you. But, I think you should represent yourself in a different way. If one wears a business suit, and says yeah I am fun guy that loves to play video games. Let's talk about random pop culture facts. One would understand that what happened was weird.

Thanks for starting this debate, and I hope for a challenging reply.
Nickflanagan

Con

Nickflanagan forfeited this round.
Ariesx

Pro

My opponent forfeited this round knowing that he was going to loose this debate. Pro can come back, and still argue, but the judges should count off points from Pro.
Nickflanagan

Con

Nickflanagan forfeited this round.
Ariesx

Pro

Your arguments are pathetic. Your life is insignificant. If there was a God, he would be laughing.
Nickflanagan

Con

Nickflanagan forfeited this round.
Ariesx

Pro

I will 😊
Nickflanagan

Con

Nickflanagan forfeited this round.
Ariesx

Pro

Gggggggggggbjn Jo policy job hip hoop today with your life will have access in America today but you don't get that a few hours before we got our population that if it does make sure u do u know when the US has an iconic look
Vote Placed by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
NickflanaganAriesxTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture