melzee223
SnaxAttack

Tattoos in the workplace.

SnaxAttack

melzee223

Pro

So, I have been wondering for a while now, should employees be forced to cover tattoos?

I think not because a lot of tattoos are meant for honor and lost loved one, and as long as they are not offensive in racial OR obscene they do not impair my ability to do my job.

Also unless i am working at say a church-y store where I am in presence of highly judgmental and prejudice groups with strong viewpoints of having tattoos ( which who with tattoos would subject themselves to that??) Covering tattoos SHOULD NOT be mandatory.
SnaxAttack

Con

I decided to do this argument because I thought that it would be fun. Before beginning, I wish "Good Luck" to my opponent for the Debate. I am on the side of Con, meaning that "Tattoos should not be revealed in the workplace, but instead should be covered up within the workplace".

To begin, we can both agree that tattoos can be fun and cool. With, like my opponent said, its meanings and showing the personality of one person with the engraving on ones body. But I must ask the question, "What about being professional at a job"? The point of a job is to do work, and receive money; and is used to survive in the world. The company that is represented by its employees need to look professional, otherwise they will lose business. And without a business results in no pay for the worker.

Of course its the person with the tattoo decision in the first place, but if he or she is going into an environment that requires a certain criteria of professionalism; they need to understand that they must comprehend with the business, and not start tons of drama. They made the decision to work in the environment, ad should follow the rules in that environment. Even if it requires a simple closure of the tattoo, or cover up.
melzee223

Pro

melzee223 forfeited this round.
SnaxAttack

Con

I refuse to argue, until my opponent argues back.
melzee223

Pro

melzee223 forfeited this round.
SnaxAttack

Con

My opponent seems to have dropped the case.
melzee223

Pro

melzee223 forfeited this round.
SnaxAttack

Con

I like pie!
melzee223

Pro

melzee223 forfeited this round.
SnaxAttack

Con

I think the winner is easy to decide.
Posted by mentalist 1 year ago
mentalist
Some of the most heinous and unprofessional acts have been committed by people without tattoos. I think it is more about control than professionalism.
Vote Placed by Greg4586 1 year ago
Greg4586
melzee223SnaxAttackTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct to Con for Pro forfeiting.