Tattoos are a childish and careless decision to make in your life. They can cause health problems as well as personal problems.
As the popularity of tattoos continues to grow, so does the concern about potential risks. Some risks, such as the spread of infections through the use of unsterilized needles, have long been known. But what isn't clear is the safety of tattoo inks. Permanent tattoos are made by using needles to inject colored ink below the skin's surface. You should NEVER add any foreign substance into or onto your body. For instance, there have been cases where artists have refrained from using 1-use needles for more than one use. Unsterile needles have never been known to cause anything but mischief. People have contracted viruses like HIV from this. Makes sure you know the health risks of tattoos.
As you grow older and have responsibilities you will realize that maybe getting a tattoo was not a bright idea. 50 percent of those who get tattoos later wish they hadn't. Their regrets become medical when they visit a dermatologist to have the tattoos removed, which is both painful and expensive. The tattoos also affect your career if you get it in a visible area. I believe the body is beautiful as is; you don't need ink.
Tattoos are a bad idea for young adults. Leave God to decide how much art your body needs... when you are born.

In todays day and age seeing tattoos is normal. We all have different opinions about having them,some people think that tattoos are bad and some think it is cool and isn't anything out of the ordinary. Many people have tattoos;some people have them placed where you can't see it in plain view then some, like my uncle, are covered in them. I believe that it is okay to get a tattoo if, and only if your parent says it is okay.
I dont think that people besides your parents should have the right to tell you that you can't do something to your body. If your parents say it okay then i think you should do what makes you happy and shows your individuality. My cousin for example is 17 and she already has two;she got her first one when she was 16. People say that she is stupid for getting a tattoo period,but to me i don't think it is their concern; if she wants to get tattoos and her parents say it is okay then i think there is nothing wrong with it. Many people use the excuse that we are too young to make our own decisions, yet parents hand over the keys to a car and tell us to get a job at 16. Do you feel that is fair to us? being able to drive is a big responsibility; with one wrong decision we could ruin our life or someone else, so what is the big problem with getting a tattoo before you turn 18?
Everyone that is against it says that tattoos are permanent and you will have to live with your decision for the rest of your life. I disagree with that completely; they are not permanent you can get them removed if you do feel it is a mistake thousands of people do it daily.They even have people that can change your tattoo into something different if you dont like it but still want to keep it. There are many options that people don't see or just want to avoid because of religion or being raised in a different era of life. In today's day and age there are many people that aren't open to change and just want to live like it is still the 1800"s. Things are different now and it is just going to keep changing so they can either change with it or they can just stay back.
It is 2014 not the 1800"s change is happening all around us. Tattoos are normal; many people have them and the numbers of people who are getting them is just going to increase from here on out. Like I said earlier I have many family members that have them and i don't see them as anything else that my family. It is natural for people to have their own opinions on the subject; like the democrats and republicans. I and many other feel that tattoos are okay even if you are under the age of 18.
Vote Placed by Mr.Grace 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Although Pro presented plenty of logical counter arguments, her punctuation errors and non-structured paragraph took away from her debate.