The Instigator
BeingOblivious
Pro (for)
Tied
0 Points
The Contender
debatenow
Con (against)
Tied
0 Points

Tax Cuts are the root of all our problems

Do you like this debate?NoYes+4
Add this debate to Google Add this debate to Delicious Add this debate to FaceBook Add this debate to Digg  
Post Voting Period
The voting period for this debate has ended.
after 0 votes the winner is...
It's a Tie!
Voting Style: Open Point System: 7 Point
Started: 1/30/2015 Category: Economics
Updated: 2 years ago Status: Post Voting Period
Viewed: 503 times Debate No: 69224
Debate Rounds (3)
Comments (7)
Votes (0)

 

BeingOblivious

Pro

First Round Acceptance. May the best progressive win
debatenow

Con

Tax is the root of some of our problem, I agree 55% but the other 45% is with other issues.
Debate Round No. 1
BeingOblivious

Pro

I'd like to thank my none progressive opponent for debating me.

As we all know Tax cuts do not work. In a truly progressive society, everything is provided by the state. Therefore if we cut taxes, we literally cause every problem imaginable.

Problems cause by cutting taxes:

1. Every government worker takes a pay cut and cannot provide as much for their family. If you support tax cuts you want families to suffer.

2. Less money for Medicaid and Medicare. If you support tax cuts, you want people to suffer from poor health.

3. There will be no roads. If there are no taxes, the government cant build roads. Its a simple fact. You can only imagine the catastrophic consequences of not having roads.

4. We cant bomb as many brown people. Our government provided freedoms will be at clear risk. People could die or worse.

5. The internment camps will go unfunded and people will have to deal with the Japanese. (problem is obvious)

Think of this as well. Some of the workers in government are black, Hispanic, and other races I don't care as much about. If you cut their budgets and pay you are essentially a racist bigot. Racism is a clear problem in this country and you would support it with your flawed theory of "trickle-down" economics.

Tax cuts are just one part of a huge propaganda scheme to victimize and fool poor and middle class citizens. It is clearly against their best interest to support tax breaks but they do it anyway. [1]

Tax cuts caused the great depression. This is a fact. [2]

When it comes to tax cuts, we all really know that they impede progress and hurt minorities. Truly, tax cuts are the root of all our troubles.

This is why we must always remember to rich the tax.

Sources:


debatenow

Con

debatenow forfeited this round.
Debate Round No. 2
BeingOblivious

Pro

BeingOblivious forfeited this round.
debatenow

Con

debatenow forfeited this round.
Debate Round No. 3
7 comments have been posted on this debate. Showing 1 through 7 records.
Posted by JP_Hatecraft 2 years ago
JP_Hatecraft
@sidewinder Did you not get that this is a troll debate... did you even look at his contentions... "We will be able to bomb less brown people"... And you gave a serious response? Really?
Posted by sidewinder 2 years ago
sidewinder
Wow.... you epitomize of the ignorant left and while I am a staunch democrat cutting taxes is not even close to the root of any nations problems. You oversimplify to the level of trickle down economics logic by remain ignorant of the fact that a economy is not driven by the government by by consumers and innovation. Thus when you place a large economic burden you will in the long run hurt the economy. You should also look further into the history of the great depression because the tax cuts made during the 1920s had little to do with the economic crash of the 1930s. And your discussion of minority federal workers takes political correctness to a absurd level that even I have not seen.
Posted by miketheman1200 2 years ago
miketheman1200
This debate is VERY progressive
Posted by miketheman1200 2 years ago
miketheman1200
Sandra888 that makes no sense. Straight to the FEMA camp with you
Posted by Sandra888 2 years ago
Sandra888
Ha, con can just cite something like health problems and win
Posted by BeingOblivious 2 years ago
BeingOblivious
Wylted is a simple minded lolbertarian racist. Clearly he doesn't understand economics.
Posted by Wylted 2 years ago
Wylted
You can't win this. Cancel it and think about what you really want to argue.
No votes have been placed for this debate.