BobTurner
tyler3923

Taxes on the Rich should be Increased

Started: 3/21/2014 Category: Economics

BobTurner

Pro

Rich = top 2 percent of income earners

Rules

1. Con will post his argument in Round 1, and then will post "no argument, as agreed upon" in round 3. This ensures that both debaters have the same amount of arguments. Failure to follow this rule will result in a 7 point loss.
2. Forfeitting will result in a loss.

tyler3923

Con

As this has a 15 minute limit, do not expect sources.

Onto the argument...

I both agree and disagree with you. I agree because it is my opinion that there should be a very low, flat tax rate that is completely unavoidable with zero returns to anyone.

But onto why the rich should not be targeted with taxes; it simply doesnt work. America's most wealthy are highly adept at avoiding taxes. This is done in a variety of ways to include: utilizing overseas bank accounts, the stock market, donations, business expenses. The list goes on and on. When you have enough money to employ financial advisors, lawyers and accountants on your behalf; there will always be exploitable loopholes.

But assuming you did manage to put a system in place where the top two percent had the majority of their incomes stolen by a wasteful government... they would simply leave. Thereby cutting jobs and in effect, decreasing tax revenue.
BobTurner

Pro

BobTurner forfeited this round.
tyler3923

Con

tyler3923 forfeited this round.
BobTurner

Pro

BobTurner forfeited this round.
tyler3923

Con

tyler3923 forfeited this round.
Posted by tyler3923 2 years ago
tyler3923

BobTurner"has forfeited round #2.

Its been like ten minutes since I got that message. Im not gonna wait any longer. Voters, consider this debate void as pro was never able to make a case. Pro, please challenge me to the same debate with 72 hours to answer.
Posted by Finalfan 2 years ago
Finalfan
I would love to see the top 2% pay out the arse! That's only because I hate rich people!