KJVPrewrather
godlesspastor

Taxpayer funded abortion.

KJVPrewrather

Con

I'm a progressive Christian, but I refuse to pay for something that is against my beliefs. Abortion is against my religious beliefs, and I have the religious First Amendment right to not pay for abortions. This is an assault on my religious freedom, and I think if you are going to kill your baby, pay for it yourself. Use birth control or don't have sex.
godlesspastor

Pro

I believe in the Giant Spaghetti Monster in the sky. I believe that presidents should have an IQ that is above 80. I do not believe that our current president meets that criteria, therefore I do not want to pay taxes because I do not feel like I am being represented. I also do not want my taxes to go to endless wars, which have 0 oversight from congress, let alone the public.

I also do not believe that money in politics should be a thing. It should be 1 person 1 vote. Do I stop paying taxes and get put into jail because I have a justified belief that we are indeed living in a banana republic and not a representative Democracy? Rich people get to buy politicians, and buy legislation as a result. I do not wish to be governed in such way, as ordained by the Giant Spaghetti Monster.

Now that that's out of the way, we live in a collective society. We pay for roads so we can all drive on them. We pay for things we don't want. Your religious freedom does not mean that you get to impose your religious beliefs on others.

If you're still reading to this point and haven't yet ripped your hair out, I have some good news.

We have something called the "Hyde Amendment".

In U.S. politics, the Hyde Amendment is a legislative provision barring the use of federal funds to pay for abortion except to save the life of the woman, or if the pregnancy arises from incest or rape.

If those 3 instances outrage you enough to the point where you feel that your "religious liberty" has been defiled, you are immoral.
KJVPrewrather

Con

The First Amendment to the US Constitution states that congress shall make no law respecting the estasblishment of religion, or prohibiting the free excercize thereod. I have the right as a Christian to not pay for things I believe in.
godlesspastor

Pro

Then I have the right to not pay for things that I don't believe in. The beauty of the First Amendment is that it doesn't discriminate. If you think it's your religious right not to pay taxes that don't fund abortion anyway unless the specific cases in the Hyde Amendment, then I don't have to fund endless wars, the pay of public employees I disagree with politically, and so on.

Then I can just use an imaginary friend as an excuse for not paying taxes. I mean you're free to use your arguments in court and see how far you get, it's not like it hasn't been tried before though.
KJVPrewrather

Con

If nyou have religious objections to something, you have the right to not pay for it. This is my faith. I have the right to choose whether I fund things that go against my faith. Your previous two troll posts on religious liberty will not change my mind. I also don't believe in other forms of forced death such as war, and the death penalty, so at least I'm consistant.
godlesspastor

Pro

Again, feel free to not pay your taxes. When the IRS comes knocking, go to court and fight it. If you're truly consistent, you won't pay this year and you'll fight it in court and attempt to use "spectral evidence" to prove your case.

As to my "troll posts", they weren't troll posts. The Giant Spaghetti Monster is just as powerful as your god. You're being very disrespectful by calling my beliefs "troll" and I don't appreciate it.

Also, if you come to this website with the position of "you won't change my mind" you're going to have a bad time. I suggest venting on twitter or facebook.
KJVPrewrather

Con

Troll. I have the religious right to not pay for your abortion. I have the right to not pay for things the violate my beliefs. I don't believe in elective abortion, and I have the right to not pay for that.
godlesspastor

Pro

Looking forward to reading your court case. The IRS won't be happy.

Imagine having to accommodate for everyone's beliefs.
Sally doesn't want to pay taxes because she believes roads should be painted pink!
George doesn't want to pay taxes because he believes taxes are immoral!

Just ridiculous. You don't get to make exceptions for just your religion in the law. You don't have the rights you claim to have based on your "faith". There's thousands of religions, and even more beliefs. If we took everything into consideration based on everyone's beliefs, we would get nowhere as a society.

"The First Amendment to the US Constitution states that congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion" - You posted this. You know what this means and how it is interpreted? It means that we don't take ANY religion into consideration when creating laws. We are a secular nation.
Posted by KJVPrewrather 5 months ago
KJVPrewrather
Posted by anonymous_9123 5 months ago
anonymous_9123
I agree, good luck!
Posted by pi3.14 5 months ago
pi3.14
I would debate you, but I agree with you on this one... good luck!