warriorcat227
Porthos

Teachers having guns in the class room.

Porthos

warriorcat227

Pro

I believe that all mentally fit teachers should have a gun in the class room. NOT loose in a drawer, but in a lock box, with a key or a code. If ONE teacher would have had a gun in Conn. those kids would have lived to see there next Christmas. I rest my case.
Porthos

Con

There are a series of things that can go wrong with possessing a gun. In this case scenario, the teacher could forget to put the safety lock on and could shoot themselves, or another, if too much pressure got on the trigger. A student could also get their hands on it, especially if they found out about it. At schools there are a group of good, neutral, and bad students. In schools now adays, students sexually assault, bully, and even sometimes kill one another. There is always that one student, that if they got hold of a gun would go berserk. Even if it were locked up there is always that one student that'll do whatever it takes to get what they want. Anyways, why have the teachers possess them. Many schools have security guards that are trained in their field of duty, and with a gun. A lot of the time they won't even carry a gun. They may instead rely on their own strength, or pepper spray, etc. In my opinion there is just not a huge reason for teachers to need one. If you're that concerned with safety carry around pepper spray. If that's not enough maybe you could have tranquilizing blow-darts, or a security guard designated for a specific classroom.

To counter warriorcat227's argument that," If ONE teacher would have had a gun in Conn. those kids would have lived to see there next Christmas." If one security guard would have been there in Conn., one security guard who is TRAINED with a gun, those children would have lived. If one teacher or security guard had pepper spray in Conn. those children probably would have survived. Besides, how can you be positive that, If ONE teacher would have had a gun in Conn. those kids would have lived to see there next Christmas? What if the teacher had been shot first, what if the teacher had tried to shoot but their safety lock was on, what if the teacher had tripped when trying to shoot, huh? You just don't know. There are too many variables to take into the case. You didn't witness it hands on, you can't replay it and change various variables. You aren't God. I feel bad about what happened in Conn. too. Maybe a gun would have helped. But maybe pepper spray or a pocket knife (I'm not for pocket knives) would have helped too. Suppose those children had survived though. It would have affected them for life. They could have afterwards been diagnosed with GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) or paranoia. With that in mind say they possessed a gun. They could be so paranoid that someone is trying to kill them. The child (when older) could then hunt someone down. But that's ok, right? It's ok for them to have a gun, especially since their influential teacher's used guns. Not only bad guys have guns. And the good guys should use them whenever they feel endangered ,even if they're not, because the good guys use them. "Our schools should be safe, positive environments, and having guns under teachers' desks or in closets not only sends the wrong message to our children, but puts their lives in danger the minute they enter school grounds, as every child would become a potential victim of a gun accident. We should be teaching our children that gun violence is never a way to settle differences and does not solve problems," Mark Takano said. Guns are not suited for the classroom! Warriorcat227 and I have two more rounds left. I could go on and on, but I'll save it. Ultimately, teachers shouldn't have guns in the classroom. There are a series of events that can go wrong with guns in the classroom, especially with an untrained teacher using a gun. Thank you.
warriorcat227

Pro

warriorcat227 forfeited this round.
Porthos

Con

Just like in my other debate my opponent has forfeited. I will now be saying similar things from my other debate on, Should students be given homework during the weekends, which strays off topic, but for good reasons. I believe I posted my last argument about six days ago. I waited a while after I posted and decided to see if warriorcat227 was online. He was online. He saw my post on the debate (I can't see him not being able to have seen it) and chose not to reply. I asked myself, why did he choose not to reply. Since he was online after I posted my argument, unlike in my other debate, he obviously hadn't forgotten to post his case because he never logged on to his DDO account. No I believe warriorcat227 is the type to give up. In all of his debates he challenges people, posts his first argument and then stops there. Why does he do this? My theory is that he doesn't want to debate, he wants to only put his opinion and nothing else. I believe this is so because I bet he doesn't want to read what his opponent argues. He doesn't want to be persuaded, he doesn't want to follow through on what his opinion is. He's a wimp. I know that was a little mean but common, you're not going to support your case when your opponent posts a strong argument. You give up warriorcat227. Besides that though the fact that warriorcat227 didn't even attempt to post a second argument is pretty selfish. Now I have to wait three days to post my next argument because he won't bother to put anything. That means when the debate is practically over it still has to go on until the DDO system forfeits the round for him. I know this didn't have to do with the actual debate on teacher's having guns in the class room, but I believe that if someone is going to be so selfish and make it take longer for you the people to vote on this debate and for me to post my arguments that they should be selled out. Nobody likes to have someone do that. Thank you. And please keep tuned on this debate I hope to post a video that I hope you all will enjoy. Again, thank you.
warriorcat227

Pro

warriorcat227 forfeited this round.
Porthos

Con

As the last round of this debate I would like to wrap things up. This website talks a bit more about my point of view in this debate http://www.huffingtonpost.com.... Overall what I think is that teachers shouldn't have guns in the classroom because there are too many things that can go wrong with having a gun, especially in a classroom. Guns are also quite impressionable children. Save them for outside the school. There are just as safe opinions for protecting yourself. As I said in my last vote I wanted to share with everyone a video on excuses since it seems as my opponent has so many on why he can't post his argument and commit to a debate. Here it is: . To conclude, teachers shouldn't haves guns in the classroom. Thank you everyone, this is my second debate and I appreciate all who tune in on the debates I participate in and vote for me.
Vote Placed by yay842 3 years ago
yay842
warriorcat227PorthosTied