jonmayne
TheOrator

Teachers not uderstanding students learning style.should

TheOrator

jonmayne

Pro

I find that teachers just don`t understand their students learning style and physical abilities because My school I feel all the teachers are against me and all the other students because the students have diffent learning styles and physicalabilities and for my self i learn hands on and i can not retain info from books so when it comes to tests my teachers get mad at me when i don`t do well but what they don`t undertand is that i can`t retain the info from books and my gym teacher does not understad my physical abilitie and she forses me to go go go but my heart says stop stop stop and slow down but does she understand i know that she does not. Should teachers uderstand their student or should students be treated unfair ?
TheOrator

Con

Meh, why not, I need more completed debates to vote anyway. I'll assume the first round was for you to explain the argument as it didn't look like a debate, so I'll treat this as an acceptance round. If that WAS your case, I apologize and I'll use my next round to debate what I can
jonmayne

Pro

I think teachers need to learn more about the students before the start of class on the frost day of school
TheOrator

Con

Because the resolution states that "teachers" should understand every student's learning style, this applies to all teachers in general, including those in public schools. Thus, by negating the public school aspect of the resolution, the whole resolution fails. Thus, this is what my negative constructive will revolve around.

The following contentions confirm my negation by refuting the public school aspect, thus toppling the resolution.

Contention 1: Public Schools are based on availability, not quality.

Public schools were created for two main reasons: 1.) to ensure that cheap education is available to every student in America, and 2.) To keep young children from aimlessly wandering the streets and causing crimes. Logically, if a system funds the schools that house almost every child in the country, it simply cannot afford to offer a diferent teaching style and curriculum for each student. Instead, it provides a basic education that every student is subjected to, unless they qualify for Honors and AP courses, then they recieve a more advanced, but still general education.

Contention 2: Public School Systems simply cannot affort a different teaching style for every student.
Even if you completely disregaurd the fact that it's not the duty for a public system to change their methods for each and every student who goes through their doors, it is undeniable that the American Department of Education cannot afford to hire the teaching staff or provide as many different textbooks for as many learning styles as they encounter. I can use my own school as an example (Prattville High School in Prattville, Alabama, for the source), where we cannot even afford textbooks for students. We have less than a classroom set for each class, and if those get damaged, then tough luck. If a school cannot even afford one set of textbooks per subject, how can you force them to tailor their education around individual students.

My basic advice is this: If you want a more personalized educational system, go to a private school. However, a public school has neither the duty nor the ability to customize their curriculum for every student. And because the public school system's teachers cannot be subjected to the terms set forth by the resolution, the resolution fails. This is why I urge a negative vote, thank you.
jonmayne

Pro

Ya but this is a catholic high school not a public school there for it would be diffrent and all teachers with in the school should understand all student
TheOrator

Con

However, the resolution does not say "The teachers at my specific private school.". I Am debating over the resolution itself, and since your single line does not hold up under the rules of just about any civil debate, my entire constructive speech still stands.
jonmayne

Pro

I want to see a change in the school system where teachers would care about students learning styles and physical abilities and not forcing students to be what they want them to be and there for change is needed in all schools there is no reason for teachers to be forcing there students to do what they can't do and they should learn to respect all students learning style and physical abilities
TheOrator

Con

It seems that my opponenent has not actually negated or even attempted to negate any of my arguments made in the negation, so they still stand and still provide the reasons needed to request a negative vote. However, my opponent did make some arguments of his own, which I will now address.

"I want to see a change in the school system where teachers would care about students learning styles and physical abilities and not forcing students to be what they want them to be and there for change is needed in all schools"

Unfortunately this is not an option in the current school system. From your own experience we can derive that it cannot happen from the point of view of the private school system, and from both my experience and my arguments in the second round we can derive that it's not possible from the point of view of the public school system. Because it's not possible, I'm afraid this change you're looking for simply cannot happen, and the resolution is negated.

"there is no reason for teachers to be forcing there students to do what they can't do and they should learn to respect all students learning style and physical abilities"

Actually, there is. The reason teachers continue to press challenging subjects onto their students is so that they can learn this challenging material and overcome it, becoming more intelligent and well-rounded in the process. When I was in the 4th grade, there was no way I could do my times tables. I would keep trying, but I'd still get close to zero on almost all of the minute tests. However, even though I couldn't do it, my teacher kept pushing me and I eventually learned it. Now, so many years later, not only have I mastered basic multiplication, but triginometry as well. None of that could have happened if I hadn't been forced to do what I previously thought was impossible, which is students seem to be "forcing there students to do what they can't do".

From the athletic aspect, well that's kind of just how you work out. You do things that body either can't handle or comes close to not being able to handle, rip your muscles, and they regrow you can more. That's why gym teachers make all studens run laps and climb the rope and perform other challenging physical activities. However, if a student has a medical reason which legitimately states that they are inable to do these workouts for whatever reasons (asthma, weak bone structure, etc.), then they can be exempt from them, so it's not like the students are being pushed to do what they literally cannot do, just what they need to improve on physically.

Thus, because it is not only impossible for the public school aspect to uphold the resolution, and because it is neccesary for students to pushed in a high-difficulty environment, I urge a negative vote.
jonmayne

Pro

Well I am going to make sure that these changes are made one school at a time
TheOrator

Con

Well, okay then...

My opponent has not actually debated at all in the round. He stated his point, restated it, and then said he wants to impliment it without actually stating arguments in the first place. Therefore, every argument I have stated in the round is counted as true as they were all dropped. So it's pretty much accepted that public schools cannot uphold the resolution, and that it's actually needed for students to be pushed. So yeah, vote neg.
Posted by jonmayne 4 years ago
jonmayne
iam debating about should teachers understand there students or should students be treated unfair ?
Posted by jonmayne 4 years ago
jonmayne
iam debating about should teachers under stand there students or should students be treated unfair ?
Posted by waterskier 4 years ago
waterskier
what are you debating about? Weather teachings should vary depending on learning style?
Vote Placed by iholland95 4 years ago
iholland95
jonmayneTheOratorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Teachers do understand my learning style. Maybe for you it's different. You should try explaining that to them.
Vote Placed by Xerge 4 years ago
Xerge
jonmayneTheOratorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did not respond well to Con's case.
Vote Placed by XimenBao 4 years ago
XimenBao
jonmayneTheOratorTied
Reasons for voting decision: Jon, I'm not sure you get the point of this site. You have to actually respond to arguments instead of just repeating the resolution.