Teachers should be able to carry concealed Guns at School
Debate Rounds (3)
A gun can be taken by a student if left for only a second and students would be capable of using it.
A gun can KILL people. A taser can STUN people. There should not be killings at schools.
We dont even need tasers! We just need ONE police officer with guns AND tasers and your fine!
If that is not enough protection we can give the teachers devices that can page the police officer silently. Then the police officer(s) can come to where they are at. We could also have multiple police officers if that is not enough.
1. Pulling a taser off of a belt is way easier and faster than trying to find the key that unlocks the cabinet and loading the gun
I gtg but I will post the rest in the comments when i get back.
3. If you have two tasers you can use them every 2 seconds.
4. if there is a police officer bad people are less likely to attempt to do something bad.
5. My school has one police officer and there has never been a real lockdown since he was hired. (23 years!) and that is not counting the police officer before him.
6. There has not been enough violence in schools to even need tasers.
7. You dont have to have a REAL gun, a cap gun (a fake gun that makes the exact same sound as a real gun) would work just fine. If we get desperate enough we could use pellet guns, they hurt the person a lot, but not enough to make it all the way under the skin. One shot at a mans crotch and they can be stunned for an hour! But there is no reason to use a REAL gun.
8. I looked all over the internet and i could not find anything about anyone who is immune to high power tasers.
9. What if a bad guy pretended to be a substitute teacher with a gun and got away with it?
10. The bad guys would know that the teacher would not actually shoot someone in front of little kids, nobody would go to a school like that!
11. I dont know about you but if a police officer or even a teacher came up to me with a taser after i did something bad, I would run until my feet bled, and then keep on running!
My point is, there is absolutely no reason to have a REAL gun. Not reasons why its safe, but why schools should have real guns.
BOOM. 4 solutions that are NOT having real guns at school.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 2 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||3|
Reasons for voting decision: Con had more points.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.