saboosa
Benjy

Teachers should be allowed to hug kids not in a sexual way.

saboosa

saboosa

Pro

This debate is to see if teachers can hug their students not in a sexual way. If anyone would like to accept this challenge I appreciate it. You would have to be against it to debate with me because I am supporting the topic
Benjy

Con

I accept the Challenge.I am strongly against this. This propasal of teachers not being allowed to hug a pupil, has been put in place because it has happened before. The classroom enviorment nowadays is poor and you always get one or two 'picky pesky rats' who will jump on the first opportunity to get someone into trouble. If a teacher hugs a pupil then it puts them in real bad position and potentially puts them at risk of suspension.

For example i take this from a teachers: Do's and Dont's ACT 1999: It states;
This is Sexual Harassment!

-Asking questions about a student’s, supervisee’s, advisee’s, or
employee’s personal sex life.
 -Refusing to stop sexual remarks when asked.
 -Overusing sexualized content in teaching, such as frequent sexual
examples to illustrate more general points in class.
 -Making personal sexual comments to students, supervisees,
advisees, or employees.
 -Unwanted touching of students, supervisees, advisees, or
employees.
saboosa

Pro

I see that the action can be labeled wrong by many people, but there is a big difference between hugging a student around the back and hugging a student near their rear end. And 80 percent of the time catholic schools allow hugs to student in a non sexual way. There has even been public schools on the news stateing that they allow hugs. If some schools do allow it, I think the schools that don't allow it should ask themselves why is it not ok to give a hug not in a sexual way?
Benjy

Con

Benjy forfeited this round.
saboosa

Pro

Please don't forfeit, it ruins the debate. As I was saying, even though many schools are against this, they would label things not accurately. For example: there was a 6 year old boy that got charged with sexual harassment for kissing his "girlfriend" on the hand and she was ok with it. It would make sence as long as the teacher doesn't touch her pupils rear end, it should be allowed.
Benjy

Con

Benjy forfeited this round.
Posted by Benjy 2 years ago
Benjy
I have been un-able to assess the internet lately
Sorry for forfeiting
Posted by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
Madison, outright banning hugging because someone "broke the threshold" is a ridiculous over-reaction. It would be like a government outlawing the walking of dogs, because one person walked his/her dog off a cliff.
Posted by MadisonMichelle 3 years ago
MadisonMichelle
The reason rules are in place is because someone broke the threshold .
Posted by Zaradi 3 years ago
Zaradi
Teachers expressing emotions that aren't their profound love for books, rulers, and detention? THAT CANT BE RIGHT!!
Posted by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
I'm glad that someone is arguing in favour of this. Education is becoming inhuman -- the teachers are only allowed to teach, not be human beings with feelings.
Vote Placed by Jonbonbon 3 years ago
Jonbonbon
saboosaBenjyTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct loss to con for the forfeit. That also means Pro's arguments weren't responded to, so Pro wins arguments. Con had noticeably better S&G. No one cited any sources (saying you have a source and not providing it doesn't count).