jp_porwisz10
wiseman557

Teachers should have guns

jp_porwisz10

Pro

Round 1 is acceptance only
wiseman557

Con

i accept your'e challenge
jp_porwisz10

Pro

Imagine this. I assume you are a student like me, and you are in class talking to your friends. And sudenley, a frightend voice comes on the loudspeaker and says; "We have an active shooter in the building. Please perform the lockdown postions". You frightend hide in complete silence. Suddenly, a rumble of gunshots are heard. They get louder and louder. Suddenly you door flies open, and your teacher pulls out a Glock and starts firing. None of your classmates are hurt, and you hear that because of what your teacher did, only 2 people are injured. Teachers in the cause of an emergency should be able to take action incase of something horrible happening.
wiseman557

Con

if that happens then i think security guards should have a gun. a school is a place where we should feel safe. what if a fight breaks out in class and a student went for the gun. or the teachers getting picked on (does happen) and the teacher uses it on a student. thered also be concerned parents.
jp_porwisz10

Pro

What if these security guards were shot? Plus you would have to pay for security guards
wiseman557

Con

sometimes you just got to roll the dice. schools do have security guards and have a weapon. with too many guns parents and students might get scared.
jp_porwisz10

Pro

My opponents main argument is security guards. Now I ask you this. What if the shooter killed the security guard. When he does this, he can do whatever he wants. Plus, you have to pay lots of money just to pay for security guards. And for scaring Parents and Students, me myself, would feel safe.

In closing, Teachers should be trained and given a gun in case of a tragedy.
wiseman557

Con

there is more than one security guard and at some schools there police. there also lockdown drills for a reason. schools invest a lot of money now adays for these situation amored doors not just cameras. and metal detectors. students are supposed to feel safe at there schools what if a teacher shot a student