MagicalPotatoWeave
TannerHudgeons

Teachers should not need a license to teach

MagicalPotatoWeave

MagicalPotatoWeave

Con

I am against this topic because all parents in the world can agree that their kids should be teach by someone who knows what they are doing. If someone is allowed to teach without a license they will be allowed to talk about whatever they want in the classroom and the students won't learn a single thing. The students minds will be filled wiht bogus facts that could practically ruined their future. A kids future is everything they are basically the future presidents, teachers, doctors, governors. That is why teachers should need a license to teach at any school.
TannerHudgeons

Pro

Well based off of your terrible spelling and grammar, your teachers with licenses must not have done a good job. The purpose of teachers not needing licenses is so that those with considerable knowledge in areas such as physics can go and teach students about it. In that case, the person with no teachers license may actually know more than the teacher with a license. It is not a bad idea at all.
MagicalPotatoWeave

Con

So what if they are knowledge that doesn't mean they know how to present the material to a class. Teachers with licenses know how to present the material so students can learn it. Someone may be knowledgeable in a specific subject like physics but they didn't go to school and learn how to present the material like a teacher with a license in today's world. My grammar and spelling doesn't reflect my teachers teaching. Everything I say or write is my choice I write it the way I want to I may have mistakes here and there but doesn't everybody make mistakes. No written paper is perfect because they only have to meet the teachers criteria. Everybody has at least one spelling mistake, one grammar mistake or a simply punctuation mistake. Nothing in this entire world is 100% perfect not even mankind.
TannerHudgeons

Pro

It is actually quite simple to teach a subject that you went to school for and majored in and know a lot about. A license doesn't mean anything in that sense. There are so many teachers with licenses that don't teach well at all. Just because a teacher has a license doesn't mean that they are better at teaching a subject than a person who doesn't have a teaching license and probably knows more about the subject than the teacher with the license. Actually, the way a student performs after being taught is a perfect reflection of a teachers teaching ability. According to your side on this, a teacher with a license should be capable of teaching any student how to correctly use spelling and grammar skills, right?
MagicalPotatoWeave

Con

All 50 states including the District or Colombia and Porto Rico required teachers to have a license. But why do they require it? According to the Board of Education they require teachers to have licences so parents know that their kid is being thought by someone who knows what they are talking about. Every school wants their students to actually have a excellent learning experience and have a bright future. Teachers have to get background checks while they are in the process of getting their license. They get this so the Board of Education knows that students and other teachers know that this person is safe to be around. Background checks are used to make sure that a convicted felon is not working in a place where they can harm people. Parents should know that their children will be safe at school and is around a positive role model. Now I notice multiple times that you mentioned my grammar and spelling and I know that your just a freshman in high school like me so how do you know what grammatically correct and what's spelled corrected. You know as much about literacy as I do. What gives you the right to say someone doesn't speak grammatically correct or doesn't know how to spell. You and I both have different views on what's grammatically and how something is spelled it all depends on where you were raised and live. For example the UK has different views on language arts and literacy than the USA. Every where in the world grammar and spelling is different. What we think is grammatically incorrect could be grammatically correct somewhere else. I was raised in the south and was raised differently than you. What the south think is grammatically correct is different from what the Midwest thinks is grammatically correct. For example the word ain't I was taught that ain't was a word and is proper grammar that how most kids in the south were taught. Now someone from the Midwest might think differently. So you shouldn't point out someone's grammaratical correctness because you don't know how they were taught especially when they were taught in different parts of the country or different parts of the world. Your also just a highschooler you don't have a degree in language arts and other literacy things so you shouldn't be saying anything about my or anybody grammar or spelling. It was a pleasure debating with you
TannerHudgeons

Pro

TannerHudgeons forfeited this round.
Posted by Conortheconor 1 year ago
Conortheconor
hahahahahahaha I love the witty entry and your point are good so far well done TannerHudgeons
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 1 year ago
FuzzyCatPotato
MagicalPotatoWeaveTannerHudgeonsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct: Pro forfeited the last round. Arguments: Pro raised strong points about how (a) a license to teach does not imply effective teaching and (b) experienced professionals may be better at teaching than licensed teachers, from experience. However, Con's arguments of a safe teaching environment are strong and have more clearly proven impacts (less education due to feelings of unsafety, possible violence against students). Given Pro's lack of rebuttal to Con's final argument, and Pro's failure to clearly uphold the resolution (on balance) I must vote Con.