Teachers should only use computers as an aid.

Nowadays, most teachers do not teach anymore.
They simply sit in the back of the class, and watch the students do the assignment they were given online.
Tell me, how do students learn like this?
I think that teachers should continue to teach as they were, only using the computers as an aid.

First off I would like to say that I am a student in a school lead by technology. I would like to wish my opponent luck!

Allows for a paperless environment

My school is a paperless school. We achieve this by relying solely on Chrome books, Smart Boards and Laptops. All work gets submitted online to the website.

Easy to find information

With Students being able look up homework/projects along with messaging teachers online allowing any questions or concerns to be answered at the click of a few buttons. Even parents can join in to view all child's homework with the added perk of being when child turn in homework.

It is reliable

With everything being online, there is NO way for homework or projects/grades to be lost. Everything is time stamped preventing someone from trying to turn it in late.

I am a student too, by the way.
We are barely in year zero of our program. But the teachers are not taking the incentives correctly. They should either go all the way or go home. But my teachers merely use the computers as an excuse to not teach.
What I am saying is, they should teach us in class, but we should do the work online.
I did not say the teachers should not use the technology. I say they should continue to teach us traditionally, using computers when necessary.
We students are not learning anything.
I must add you are incredibly lucky to get chromebooks.... we got very bad quality laptops, but that is another matter.

From what I understand, you are saying that your teachers are using technology as a way to get away from teaching. That teachers should teach out of textbooks and a blackboards with chalk.

Today is the Technology Age. Over the years new technologies and techniques of doing things get better, so why isn’t education evolving? Nowadays, there is so much information available online allowing for education to available to all.

Learning Style

There are three main learning styles. Visual, auditory and kinesthetic learners. Visual learners learn best by reading and writing, like being able to read directions. Loving visual aids such as graphs. Auditory learners like talking to themselves, best with hearing directions. Kinesthetic do best by touching and figuring out themselves, and do best by figuring things out themselves.

**Sorry that this is not long, was at grandparents and did not have access to a computer!

Good Luck!

Um, No I didn't say we should use textbooks and "Chalkboards."
I said they should actually teach, using the computers to help them!
They cannot just tell us to do an assignment online without actually teaching us.
I have no problem using technology.

iTziPocalyspe forfeited this round.