Teachers shouldnt be laid off because of senority
Debate Rounds (3)
Why should teachers be laid off because of seniority? Many electives teachers got laid off. Even a Music Teacher got laid off even though she won a award for the best teacher in the valley! Ironic isn't it?
Con's resolution: Teachers should be laid off because of seniority.
Clarification: Teacher are not laid off SOLELY on seniority. Teachers are laid off based on the number of years he or she worked at the same district.
1) New teachers have little to no experience in teaching by themselves. Teaching a subject takes years of experience. A teacher must learn and adapt to different styles of learning, a new teacher cannot do this off the bat during the first day. Hiring many new teachers who experiment with abnormal teaching styles will detriment the school's placement in the state. This has happened at my school last year (some retired, so the school hired new teachers) and our API score dropped by 61 points...860 to 799.
Due to the recession, many retirees are returning to the workforce. This has happened in the nurse sector, an influx of retired and experienced nurses are returning to their jobs causing employers to hire veterans over freshly graduated students.
2) Seniority rewards teachers for his or her commitment to the school system of years. Why dismiss a loyal employee?
1) Your music teacher was probably laid off because there wasn't a satisfactory enrollment demand.
Can't wait for Round 2!
Sniperjake1994 forfeited this round.
OmqitzLiz forfeited this round.
So this was my R2 arguments if I did not have so many projects to finish:
1) Teachers have alternatives in teaching in other institutions such as test prep schools.
2) "Students should choose because its there education." Students should choose what there are no choices?
In either cases my opponent failed to address my contentions and rebuttal. Silence is consent, hence my opponent agrees with me. Thank you and vote Con.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by quarterexchange 5 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||3|
Reasons for voting decision: actually had arguments
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.