THEPRO56
TheInstagator

Team Fortress 2 hats are destoying the art style

THEPRO56

Pro

TF2 was a unique class based FPS developed by Valve and release in 2007. It was famous for its diversified classes and unique and appealing art style but in one update hats were introduced. Soon more hats were introduced with weirder designs and more unappealing looks. Now everyone has a weird hat and misc item that is mismatched and mixed with horrible colours that just make the TF2 art style to busy and unsightly and silly (The original style was cartoonish but it was consistant and didn't have hideous neon green jackets).

I do not want to argue that the hats are a scam Valve made to get money from people and made TF2 based around trading. I dont want to argue whether F2P made TF2 bad. I just want to argue that the new hats have ruined the art style Valved had worked years on perfecting in development.

(Note that this does not nessacarily represent my views on hats in TF2)
TheInstagator

Con

I will accept this debate as the con. Hats in Team Fortress do not take away from the art form Valve has created, but rather allow players to express ideas and (in more basic terms) themselves in a game where you can't see the person on the other end of the internet playing with you. Hats come in many forms, and usually derive from popular Internet memes and games which make up the Steam Library. Hats also provide special bonuses within the game, allowing new forms of customization within the world of TF2. With the creation of weapons, maps, and character models/skins being available for downloads, hats become another part of a very creative and diverse world. Hats also come from the users of the game, which allows the person to feel a "half-way connection" with the person they are controlling. The colors brightly pop to infuse the game with the player's personality and feelings. With hundreds of hats, its easy to find one that matches the player and their beliefs within the gaming world
THEPRO56

Pro

THEPRO56 forfeited this round.
TheInstagator

Con

So, my opponent forfeits the second round. So, I will have no argument as all of my arguments from the previous round are still valid.
THEPRO56

Pro

THEPRO56 forfeited this round.
TheInstagator

Con

And yet again....
THEPRO56

Pro

THEPRO56 forfeited this round.