Mr.Sentrybuster
DebateKing2112

Team Fortress 2 is better than Call of Duty

Started: 4/2/2014 Category: Games

Mr.Sentrybuster

Pro

Hello there. Today I will be arguing that TF2 (Team Fortress 2) is a better FPS than COD (Call of Duty).

Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Main Arguments
Round 3: Rebuttals
DebateKing2112

Con

I accept. I look forward to debating with you!
Mr.Sentrybuster

Pro

I'd like to thank my opponent for accepting my challenge, and look forward to debating him. Now, over the last few years the COD franchise has been accused of having repetitive gameplay, I highly believe that this is indeed the truth. Post-COD: WoW (And possibly MW2) gamers have yet to see anything that really refreshes the series. Maybe a few attachments or Weapons here and there, but nothing too refreshing. In fact you don't even have to take my word for it,I have cited 5 sources for you
[1][2][3][4][5]. Now compare that to TF2, 9 different classes: The Heavy,Scout,Solider,Spy,Medic,Engineer,Pryo,Sniper, and the Demoman. Each with it's own play style, and even personality. For example, some one who might be good at mowing down enemies as the Heavy. Could be horrible at cloaking,backstabbing and using deception as the spy. The Demoman presents a great new way of trying to creatively blowing up and killing enemies. The scout presents a small fast moving character who can beat down enemies with his bat or kill them with his scattergun. The Sniper is WAY different than an average COD Sniper, that's if you can even call them(Cod Snipers) snipers, The average COD Sniper normally does not even look down is scope and spins upon shooting (This is called Quick Scoping). A TF2 Sniper on the other hand, Snipes his enemies, and uses jarate (His Urine in a jar) to throw at them if they get to close. Another class is the Medic, He can heal his companions and charge up for UBERCHARGE, making him and the class he is healing temporarily invincible. Than there is the Engineer. He can build Sentries, Dispensers, and teleporters and upgrade them. The sentry gun is in no way like a COD sentry gun, apart from the fact it is an automated or controllable machine, that can fire. At level one it's a small little machine, Doing a little damage. Use a wrench to upgrade it to level 2 and it's bigger and has rapid fire, Upgrade it to level 3 and it has Rockets!!! The dispenser gives out Health, Ammo, and Metal (Used by the Engineer to build stuff). The higher the upgrade, the more it gives out. The Teleporter is your basic teleporter, with an Exit and Entrance. The Spy is unique, it can backstab, cloak, and disguise as enemies. It requires good acting though. Spies must watch out for Pryos, armed with Flamethrowers. They can burn everything. Finally, there is the Soldier, Though slow. He can rocket jump and fly across the map. See what I mean? COD has a very limited amount of playstyles, compared to TF2, which has many.

But it doesn't stop there. TF2 has even more. I have never seen more hats, and weapons. So much customization, You can have a ton of Hats and trade them. Plus, compared to COD, TF2 characters have personality, there are hidden mysteries behind the Pryo's gender, Every Class has a ton of humor in it. Plus there is even the Demoman, king of... Scotland? Unlike COD, no nationality is demonized in TF2, there are two sides, Reliable Excavation Demolition (RED) and Builders League United (BLU) Two brothers (Redmond Mann and Blutarch Mann) Are fighting over pieces of land given by their Father (Zephaniah Mann) in COD's most recent release (Ghosts) All of South America is Demonized as an EVIL Federation attacking the USA. That, in my opinion, is just ignorant. Suggesting that the US is Superior to everyone else. Anyways, I kind of have to stop a little short.

I gladly await my opponent's response

SOURCES
[1]https://www.youtube.com...
[2]http://o.canada.com...
[3]http://www.xboxachievements.com...
[4]https://answers.yahoo.com...
[5]http://www.reddit.com...
DebateKing2112

Con

DebateKing2112 forfeited this round.
Mr.Sentrybuster

Pro

Mr.Sentrybuster forfeited this round.
DebateKing2112

Con

DebateKing2112 forfeited this round.
Posted by ScrinTech 3 years ago
ScrinTech
Riveting
Posted by Mr.Sentrybuster 3 years ago
Mr.Sentrybuster
Dang it, I forgot to mention that I'm talking about the whole franchise. Oh well, I can't do anything about it now.
Posted by ScrinTech 3 years ago
ScrinTech
@Pro
ScrinTech Here, and I'm wondering which COD are you talking about? The entire franchise? Be a bit specific.