yomama12
Richmonds

Team Rocket are ghosts

Started: 4/7/2014 Category: Funny

yomama12

Pro

Team Rocket are ghosts, and i have proof.
Richmonds

Con

I can't really argue this until you post an argument. So i'll begin by saying. WHAT. PREPOSTEROUS. SUCH PROOF DOES NOT EXIST.
yomama12

Pro

First off, i thank you for accepting this argument. Now, i have some stuff from the Pokemon TV show to explain my theory. And, my theory is that Jessie, James, and Meowth are, in fact, ghosts. Now, if you've seen the TV show, you may be aware that Meowth can talk. How can that be. Well, ghosts have the ability to do whatever they want, as their bodies can't hold them talk, so Meowth's ghost can do whatever he pleases, as such, making himself talk. And, you may be wondering, how did Jessie, James and Meowth die? Well, in the show, in about every episode, Team Rocket is shown as , quote, "Blasting Off Again". This means that Team Rocket was thrown into the air so far up, it twinkles. Now this would most definently kill somebody when they hit the ground, so, when they first blasted off, that thus when they hit the ground was what probably killed them. Even when they hit a tree or water, like in some cases with them, the force would have killed them on impact, thhus, them being ghosts. I await my opponents response and rebuttals.
Richmonds

Con

Well that's an interesting theory. Unfortunately however, that is all it is. A theory.

Meowth's ability to speak is explained by the show. After his love pursuit left him in order to please a human, he began working hard, with much difficulty to be more human like and impress his Meowzie. Unfortunately it was to no avail and that is when he joined Team Rocket. His speech is not due to some weird defect or because he is dead. It's simply attributed to hard work and perseverance.

When Team Rocket "Blasts Off Again", I find it unlikely that they are shot so far away that it twinkles. In fact, I have never heard of someone being launched far enough away as to twinkle. What I do find likely however, is that when they are launched, the gold worn on Meowth's brow reflects the sunlight back towards the camera, thus giving us the twinkling impression.
Many of the attacks that blast these Team Rocketers off would not even have the strength to launch the Rocketers far enough away and with enough force as to kill them. More likely, they are just bounced a few meters away, which we can't actually notice because of Meowth's gold twinkling in our eyes, and then they regroup before making an appearance later.
Finally, throughout the series, we see Jessie, James, and Meowth using a variety of gizmos and gadgets. With how often they are defeated by Ash and the gang, it is difficult to believe that after their first encounter with the group, they failed to plan for defeat again. As much as I disbelieve they are launched far enough away to twinkle, even if this does occur, it is quite likely that Team Rocket is prepared enough to deploy a landing mechanism of some sort, whether it be a parachute or a cushion for landing. So in the unlikely event that the Rocketers are launched far enough away to actually be hurt, it is unlikely that they are hurt.

Now if Jessie and James are ghosts, I have to ask, throughout all the series and all the games, why have we never seen another human ghost? Pok"mon ghosts, sure, they're present, from the slain Marowak to Ghost type Pok"mon, we see an abundant. However, I find it difficult to believe that if in the Pok"mon universe, if it is possible for a human to return as a ghost, that Jessie and James are the only two that Ash encounters throughout many seasons and several regions. It seems to me, that in this universe, humans cannot return as ghosts, or if they do, then they return as ghost type Pok"mon, simple shadows of their previous life.

Furthermore, in the Pok"mon Universe, I cannot recall one mention ever of a human dying. In addition, Ash has remained ten years old for over a decade. If there is no mention of death and Ash fails to age, then it occurs to me that it is quite possible that in the Pok"mon Universe, the Humans are trapped in the state they are in. If they're young, they remain young, if they're alive they remain alive. So even if the Rocketers are blasted off far enough that should prove fatal, it is quite possible that they remain unhurt.
yomama12

Pro

"I have never heard of someone being launched far enough away as to twinkle."

Throughout cartoon TV shows, whenever someone was thrown really high up, it most likely produced the twinkling effect, so why not in Pok"mon?

"they are just bounced a few meters away"

If they were bounced only a few meters away, why can't we seen them before and after it "twinkles"?

"it is quite likely that Team Rocket is prepared enough to deploy a landing mechanism of some sort, whether it be a parachute or a cushion for landing."

Even if they were smart enough to do something like this, almost all of their gadgets explode in their faces anyway, so it's safe to say one particular time, it didn't work out so well.

" have to ask, throughout all the series and all the games, why have we never seen another human ghost?"

Have you ever heard of the pokemon Yamask? Or read it's pokedex entry?

"o even if the Rocketers are blasted off far enough that should prove fatal, it is quite possible that they remain unhurt."

That is highly unlikely, even wit that technology, fatal wounds always happen.

I thank you and await your rebuttals
Richmonds

Con

Richmonds forfeited this round.
Posted by Trollord 10 months ago
Trollord
What about my picture?

XD