CarolinaDiazH
Himans45

Technology Advances are good or bad?

Himans45
Started: 4/25/2015 Category: Technology

CarolinaDiazH

Con

Nowadays more people become dependent on computer and other types of technology used on their daily life, so if a computer crashes we are unable to do something until the problem is solved. This type of dependence puts the people in disadvantage and become sedentary again.

Noneh.
Himans45

Pro

I accept, good luck.

I'll post my arguments/rebuttals in the following rounds.

Definitions -

Good - Benefit or advantage to someone or something.

Bad - Not such as to be hoped for or desired; unpleasant or unwelcome.
CarolinaDiazH

Con

CarolinaDiazH forfeited this round.
Himans45

Pro

Unfortunately my opponent has forfeited his round, so I will just provide my arguments.

Using these definitions -

Technology-
The application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes, especially in industry.

Machinery and equipment developed from the application of scientific knowledge.

The branch of knowledge dealing with engineering or applied sciences.

All I have to do is prove that technological advances can be a benefit or advantage to someone or something. I will be providing two benefits to society that technology has brought about.

P1) Medical technology

This one is quite obvious. At least a single person in the world has benefited from advances in medical technology, whether it be a new invention or an upgrade of an older one. A simple example of this would be cold and allergy medicine. I personally have extremely bad allergies and medicines such as Mucinex have allowed me to breathe easier.

P2) The internet

The boom of the Internet in recent years has lead to an age of knowledge and possibilities. With just a click of a button you can learn an incredibly large amount of information, such that has never been seen before. It gives people the ability to educate themselves, from their own home [1] "In classrooms interactive boards and the availability of computers to students are allowing for a new way of teaching that is much more interactive than traditional methods. With the integration of tablet PCs into the classroom in recent years this adds further possibilities for interactive learning. This allows for more effective learning as the students get to engage in the learning process instead of traditionally just struggling to stay concentrated on listening to their teacher.

Although technology designed for educational use is still in its relatively early stages, it is clear that it is having a major positive impact. Evidence of its positive impact is how education is beginning to rely on the Internet. This once again emphasises the power of technology and that technology will be integrated into all areas where it is of benefit. Just think of the possibilities!"

As you can see, technology is the closest thing humans have to a superpower, and the possibilities of what we can do with it are endless. At least a single person in existence has benefited from technology, anyone on this site has benefited from it, as they are now able to quickly and easily discuss and debate with people from all around the world.

[1] https://techbenefits.wordpress.com...
CarolinaDiazH

Con

CarolinaDiazH forfeited this round.
Himans45

Pro

Extend

I would like you to continue to debate me on this topic.
CarolinaDiazH

Con

CarolinaDiazH forfeited this round.
Himans45

Pro

Extend

Vote pro
CarolinaDiazH

Con

CarolinaDiazH forfeited this round.
Himans45

Pro

Con has failed to rebut my arguments and provide one of their own. Con has also forfeited multiple rounds. Vote pro.
Posted by EAT_IT_SUKA 1 year ago
EAT_IT_SUKA
Aww, I was too late. Good luck PRO.
Vote Placed by doctorcsss 1 year ago
doctorcsss
CarolinaDiazHHimans45Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited nearly all rounds and did not rebut any of Con's arguments.