syedaliabedi
fractaldreams

Technology Creates More Problem Than It Can Solve.

fractaldreams
Started: 6/27/2013 Category: Technology

syedaliabedi

Pro

Technology Creates More Problem Than It Can Solve. It's True.
Worldwide, We Can See Technology Causing Many Problems, Issues and Critics. But Tech Dose"nt Have any Appropriate Way To Solve Those Problems, It Just Knows the Way To Create Something. For Example, Nuclear Fission Power Plant.
Though It Produces Electricity and Meets the Need of 1000"s, It Pollutes the Nature Crucially which Inturn Is Causing Problems For the Same Citizens the Tech Is Supply Electricity, Helping them without Realising That The Technology Cannot Solve The Problomatic Results!
fractaldreams

Con

When you are out to dinner and you see a group of friends, who are all busy texting and checking their phones, or when it's a brilliantly sunny day and the kids are inside, playing on their xboxes or their computers, it is easy to give in to the thought that technology has great potential for harm. No less worrying is the impact upon the environment, as you rightly mention. I should like to argue that new technological advances can be environmentally sound and help us to deal with some of the problems we have caused our planet so far.

However, I firmly believe in progress, I believe that we are collectively better off with our technological advances than we would be without them. Technology is primarily defined, by the Oxford Dictionary as "the application of scientific knowledge for practical purposes, especially in industry". We cannot stop the clocks, we cannot start walking backwards, what we can do is slow down a lttle, turn off the lights once in a while, take the time to consider how the technology impacts upon the quality of our lives. We can and should think of technogy as a tool, this tool can be used for good or it can be misused and abused. Just because we can be on the computer 24/7 does not mean that we have to, we can make choices, we can exercise some self-control or restraint, we can develop a sense of self-disclipline. We control the technology, it does not control us. I think it is up to us to ensure that technologies are used ethically and with some degree of caution, as well as with some of our hard-gained wisdom.

Okay, I think as this is the first time I've clicked on "accept challenge" and I don't really know how it all works, I will leave it there for my opening bid. I hope that's enough. I look forward to the next round.
Posted by fractaldreams 3 years ago
fractaldreams
Yeah, I think you're right, it was a very tall order to start with and would have benefited from focus on the specifics, there might have been something to debate about then.
Posted by watevas808 3 years ago
watevas808
If he had a problem with the nuclear fusion power plants then he should have just debated on that not put it in the more general category of technology. Technology in general is very helpful to society. The technology that is given to people who can save or take away life is a very serious business, that's why its given to people who are qualified to take them, soldiers, doctors,scientists, etc.
Posted by fractaldreams 3 years ago
fractaldreams
Oh dear... I totally agree with newbiehere, a one round debate is not really a debate. I was expecting one and I'm disappointed. My bad, as they say, I saw a topic I wanted to talk about, got trigger happy before even checking the parametres and just launched myself. Won't happen again. As I mentioned, I'm new here and just finding my feet. Thanks anyway :)
Vote Placed by johnlubba 3 years ago
johnlubba
syedaliabedifractaldreamsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro did well, but Con offered a more sound resolution to problem, in that we control the technology and it doesn't control us, and also Con's statement about technological progress and that we are better with rather than without them, convinced me of the good use we can put technology to, if we control it right.
Vote Placed by newbiehere 3 years ago
newbiehere
syedaliabedifractaldreamsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was very vague with his arguments (convincing arguments) and Capitalized Every Single Fvcking Word (spelling and grammar) among other things. One round debates are pointless.