mysterygirl101
aayush.raj

Technology Has Not Affected Human Relations

aayush.raj
Started: 8/18/2015 Category: Technology

mysterygirl101

Pro

Yes, Technology has not affected human relations. If anything, I think technology has brought us closer to each other as people. It is with the help of our e-mail accounts that we are able to send our documents and files faster. This helps us save time, rather than having to go all the way to the recipient's office just to hand it over to them and we can also review them and give our thoughts instantly no matter the distance between the receiver or the sender. And with the spare time that we have earned by doing this, we can spend it talking to our relatives or friends. So that we may remain close to them, if not grow closer.
aayush.raj

Con

First of all, I would like to tell you that you have contradicted yourself when you said that technology has not affected human relations but brought us all closer together. If you will analyze this topic carefully, you will realize that this is a very neutral topic. It does not state that technology has worsened our relations or improved them, it simply talks about the effect that technology has had on human relations.

If technology had NOT affected human relations, I wouldn't be here arguing with you against this motion. I believe that technology has affected our lives in a very deep manner. We are able to connect with people easily even if they may be far away from us. We are now able to share our thoughts on an issue or share videos and photos with a larger group of people. Isn't that an effect of technology on human relations? I would like the voters and my contender to note that I am not talking about the type of effect that technology has had on human relations but simply stating that it has had an impact on human relations. I have also provided an example for my argument and so I would like my "opponent" to provide some arguments along with relevant examples as to justify her belief.
mysterygirl101

Pro

First of all, I would like to thank my opponent for taking part in the debate.

"We are able to connect with people easily even if they may be far away from us. We are now able to share our thoughts on an issue or share videos and photos with a larger group of people. Isn't that an effect of technology on human relations?"
- Secondly, I don't think that the ability to connect even from a distance has effected relationships, rather, has it not helped maintain them? The fact that we are able to connect with other people who are geographically separated is not an effect technology has had on human relationships, neither is it an "impact". I would say it is an improvement to the mode of communication. I think it is kind of like changing your house, your house changes but friends don't, do they? Do you understand? Hopefully, you do.
-- The abilities of technology does not really affect our relationships, it helps us maintain them. Like watching a game, before technology families still went to watch football matches or tennis matches so that they would have 'quality time' with their family members and have a common subject to converse. Now we watch sports on TV which has now become the 'opportunity for quality time' but we still use it as a common subject to talk about.
--- The videos and pictures we share can be shown to a larger audience, true, but we still can choose who we want to share it with. I would like my contender to note that technology also includes pictures and videos we preserve or capture. So, yeah... The pictures are more or less like heirlooms when printed, it serves as a reminder of someone or something important.

I apologize for I am not big on vocabulary. I hope my argument will suffice and my contender will find it satisfactory as compared to his argument.
aayush.raj

Con

aayush.raj forfeited this round.
mysterygirl101

Pro

mysterygirl101 forfeited this round.
aayush.raj

Con

aayush.raj forfeited this round.
Posted by trexfireoverlord 1 year ago
trexfireoverlord
tech has had a positive impact on our lives for it has provided us with the indestructible and mighty the true immoveable object, the nokia!
Vote Placed by bsh1 1 year ago
bsh1
mysterygirl101aayush.rajTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro does contradict herself in R1; if tech has brought us closer together, it has effected us, even if that connection is superficial. Args to Con. However, Con has more forfeits, so conduct to Pro.