CNEAL123
eastcoastsamuel

Technology Stops People From Having a Stimulated Brain.

CNEAL123

Con

I Really Think That Technology Stops People From Having A Stimulated Brain,My Reason Is That Certain People Are Technoloholics Example People Stay Up Late On Phones,Their Vision Is Bad Because Of Technology More Like Certain Ones. Technology Can Lead To A Serious Habit As If A Human Won't Be Able To Stimulate Their Brains.
eastcoastsamuel

Pro

I negate the resolution, "Technology stops people from having a stimulated brain." I negate the resolution based on the following:
1.) Technology allows for common access of information.
2.) Technology has large benefits when used in an educational system.

Technology allows users to access banks of information online [1], including but not limited to Wikipedia, ABC-CLIO and the Encyclopedia Britannica. There are also numerous video channels where people can access information teaching about numerous topics like world history, biology and geography, such as CrashCourse and CGPGrey. Technology is not resulting in less stimulation; its resulting in a freer, more accessible way of accessing information for all [2].

Technology, in fact, has numerous positive benefits when used in a classroom, such as increasing motivation and collaborating more with peers [3]. Technology is also beneficial for teachers, allowing them to access many different kinds of students and seeing how they learn [4]. In education, technology gives teachers the ability to access their students, see how they learn and base their classes around them, while the student has more motivation to learn.

In conclusion, technology allows for greater and easier access of information for all and used in an educational system, it is a great tool for teachers to access students and students to be motivated in classes.

For these reasons, I strongly urge a ballot in negation of the resolution. Thank you.

Sources: [1] http://www.marcandangel.com...
[2] http://thenextweb.com...
[3] http://www2.ed.gov...
[4] http://www.edutopia.org...
CNEAL123

Con

CNEAL123 forfeited this round.
eastcoastsamuel

Pro

I will now proceed to rebut my opponent's contentions.

Before I begin, note that I am referring to my opponent as Pro, even though he is marked as Con. I believe this is an accident on my opponent's part, as he states that "technology stops people from having a stimulated brain", consistent with the resolution, even though he is Con.

First, please note that all of my opponent's points center around physical conditions; that people stay up late on phones, that the vision is affected and that technology can lead "to a serious habit". The debate centers around stimulation of the mind; unless Pro can prove that these physical conditions results in a less stimulated mind, he has not met his burden of proof.

Second, my opponent's contentions center around the fault of the user, and not technology. Causing "a serious habit" is not the fault of technology, nor is people staying up late on their phones or affecting the vision; this all comes down to the user. Technology's purpose for simply accessing information and connecting to networks such as the Internet, and nothing more. Thus, technology is not stopping people from having a stimulated brain; it is the user who is stopping him/herself from having it. Unless Pro can show that technology is causing this, he has not met his burden of proof.

CNEAL123

Con

CNEAL123 forfeited this round.
eastcoastsamuel

Pro

For my third and final round post, I will simply indicate that my opponent has not responded to any of the points I raised nor did he attempt to rebut my points. Thus, all of his points have fallen.

I strongly urge a ballot in negation of the resolution. Thank you.
Posted by Grantmac18 4 years ago
Grantmac18
I'll take this if you can define what it is you mean by technology and stimulate.