salonimahajan17
DebateGirl221

Technology has lead to the death of human emotions

DebateGirl221
Started: 7/15/2013 Category: Technology

salonimahajan17

Con

according to me technology has not lead to the death of human emotions whereas it has increased human bonding and relationships. with the advent of social networking sites people are able to know their relatives and family friends. Earlier people had to wait for months to talk to each other and no communication means no expressing of human emotions, but today as the communication is increasing the people are able to talk to each other frequently and express heir human emotions too. with video conferencing we can see each others facial expression while talking and one's facial expressions are the best way of expressing emotions.Hence, I strictly oppose the topic that technology has lead to the death of human emotions.
DebateGirl221

Pro

My name is DebateGirl221, and I accept the debate. I will allow Con to present his case.
salonimahajan17

Con

salonimahajan17 forfeited this round.
DebateGirl221

Pro

Well since my opponent has forfeited this round, it is in no way necessary for me to post an argument.
salonimahajan17

Con

salonimahajan17 forfeited this round.
DebateGirl221

Pro

You see, the thing about technology like mobile phones and social networking sites is that humans aren't talking to each other directly, which means that we're not expressing our emotions like we should.

To be honest, I don't believe that technology has led to the death of our emotions just yet, but if we carry on like this, then it might as well take them now. Human's today spend more time on their phones or computers than they did a few decades ago.

Women are actually worse than men. Females spend up to 40% more time social networking a day, which may not seem like much, but it is actually a huge difference.

One of the main problems is that humans are tempted by companies like Apple, because every so often a new type of tablet or phone is released, making us all think, "This is the best thing to ever happen". To make things clear, I have no intention on offending Apple or any other company in any way, it's just, technology limits human emotions.

Please consider my argument, and I apologize that it is very limited. I am afraid my opponent failed to give me a proper debate, which means that I had very little to rebuttal.

http://www.marketingcharts.com...
Posted by jameswalters 4 years ago
jameswalters
this is very one sided DebateGirl221 nice job and salonimahajan17 better luck next time.
Vote Placed by justin.graves 4 years ago
justin.graves
salonimahajan17DebateGirl221Tied
Vote Placed by JustinAMoffatt 4 years ago
JustinAMoffatt
salonimahajan17DebateGirl221Tied