ayesha2310
SURVIVAL_QUEEN

Technology has runied human realtions

SURVIVAL_QUEEN
Started: 9/27/2014 Category: Technology

ayesha2310

Con

Technology has not runied the relations...instead it is making relations
SURVIVAL_QUEEN

Pro

In response to your argument: Yes, technology has created relationships, but also has ruined them as well. Technology has taken away from positive physical social interaction. By simply commenting on you friends face book post, you are considered to have interacted with them. There is little one on one interaction with friends on a physical level now a days because everyone is on their phones/tablets. Now you can benefit from tech. to some degree, but it also can hurt your relationship, and the more hurt it becomes, the closer it comes to being ruined. Here are 4 reasons technology is hurting relationships on the dating/ married level:

1. Technology makes it easier to fight dirty.
Anger can be too easily impulsively shot out in an email or text. Too many folks dash off a quick nasty comment in response to something that annoyed them. If they click and send before they"ve had time to calm down and think through a more tactful response, there"s likely to be trouble ahead.

2. "Checking things online" interrupts your quality time together.
Folks who connect over so many electronic channels with their loved ones may be doing the same with friends and business partners. Therein lies the problem. Maintaining all those connections can slice and dice your time with your main loved one. Each and every interruption to your time alone together diminishes the intensity of your connection.

3. Virtual connections can't replace physical intimacy.
When you receive a text or read an email, all you get is information. You don"t receive smiles, hugs, laughter or touch. Loving feelings with significant others usually involves physical contact " simple things like gazing lovingly at each other, holding hands, whispering sweet nothings. Eye-to-eye and skin-to-skin contact all turn on the love hormone oxytocin. This chemical in your brain enhances your feelings of affection and increases your sense of bonding with your partner. This is something you can"t express over a text message.

4. Messages are easily misinterpreted.
Texts can only convey so much through words without what psychologists call "prosody" or the sound of voices. This means that misinterpretations of texts can run rampant. Sending a text that reads, "See you after work" can be interpreted as an annoyed order if the receiver is sensitive. In this regard, at least phone calls (which add voice to the bandwidth) are less likely to create upsets from misperceptions.

Source: <http://psychcentral.com...;
Article name: "4 Ways Technology May be Ruining Your Relationship"
Written by: YourTango Experts
Published on: Psych Central
ayesha2310

Con

ayesha2310 forfeited this round.
SURVIVAL_QUEEN

Pro

SURVIVAL_QUEEN forfeited this round.
ayesha2310

Con

ayesha2310 forfeited this round.
SURVIVAL_QUEEN

Pro

The last two rounds of this debate has been forfeited by my opponent. Out of courtesy I will not make any farther arguments, I will leave the voting to you guys. Please if you leave comments be courteous but also constructive criticism is always welcomed and encouraged! Thank you all for voting!
Posted by SURVIVAL_QUEEN 2 years ago
SURVIVAL_QUEEN
@Atheist-Independent
Thank you for being unbiased in your vote. I know that you do not really agree with my view but you still voted with good conduct. I know that I am the only one who posted an argument and that is Why you voted for me, but it still shows valor and honesty. I am sorry for bothering you, but I just wanted to say that. (:
Posted by SURVIVAL_QUEEN 2 years ago
SURVIVAL_QUEEN
@UchihaMadara Would you mind voting on this debate? I have grown rather impatient with the voting as we have been tied since we started and my opponent has made no effort. I do not want this to be a tie because I did put a lot of work into it expecting my opponent to o the same. ( I was rather disappointed) I would ask that is you do vote you do read my arguments and then decide if you want to vote for me. :)
Posted by tennistanner 2 years ago
tennistanner
I agree somewhat with Blade-of-Truth. Human connection across vast distances has improved tremendously, taking only seconds to communicate with someone half a world apart. However, I don't fully agree that it ruins our sense of 'community.' In my experience I've noticed you can become even more attached to your community and even met new people in your vicinity that attend your school or place of work that you didn't even realize went there with you. Furthermore, you can establish long lasting relationships thanks to today's technology. If you need evidence of this all you have to do is type in 'Meeting for the first time' on YouTube and look at the videos. I admit I'm biased towards that side of it since I'm a victim of it (ha) but regardless, technology in many ways is making the world a better place.
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
In regards to human relations, technology has been shown to be a double-edged sword.

On one hand, it is helping human relations in the sense that it is connecting everyone on a global scale via the internet. I can now talk to someone living in China with extreme ease, whereas a century ago it would have taken much longer to have a conversation from someone in China while I'm in America. So, in that sense, technology has allowed us to connect with people from around the world which is good.

On the other hand, it's ruined our sense of "community". What I mean by that is that people are becomming more and more detached from their immediate communities because they can now rely on the internet to handle their social needs. For me, I don't even know my next door neighbors name. A hundred years ago, I surely would have known the names of families living near me since we'd likely be bartering for goods amongst one another, attending the same social gatherings, etc., Even on my campus nowadays I see lots of students capable of texting each other just fine, but acting awkward when together in person. It's really quite an odd phenomenon that hasn't received much study since it's new territory.

Thus, it is a double-edged sword. In some ways it is beneficial, but in others it is harmful.

Either way, best of luck in the debate. Hope my opinion helped.
Vote Placed by Atheist-Independent 2 years ago
Atheist-Independent
ayesha2310SURVIVAL_QUEENTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro actually posted an argument.