nguyensdh
didymus

Technology has the greatest effect on American culture.

Started: 5/3/2014 Category: Technology

nguyensdh

Pro

America in the modern world is reliant on technology, (Perhaps overly so) and it has a significant effect on their culture. Television, cell phones and the internet are major sources of media and communication. American culture is found in gaming, social media sites, and television shows and movies.
didymus

Con

I accept this challenge. I know this is your first debate, it's only my second one. I didn't actually think you were going to take my comment word for word, but I'll accept this. I recommend looking at others debates as a guide for determining how to come up with a good topic and a good way to start the round. Here's a tip: On the first round state your position on the topic, (Not all of your ideas) clarify any terms that may be vague, and some people put the order of rounds.
Usually it's something like
Round 1: Accept the challenge
Round 2: Make your case, opponent will make his own points and make rebuttals (Counter-arguments) against yours.
Rounds3/4 You continue to argue with rebuttals and adjust your own points
Round 5: Conclusions and final rebuttals
It doesn't always work like that, some completely explain their situation in the first round after a brief explanation of the rules of the match and point your trying to make. Then Arguments continue at round 2.
This is they way I percieve how the debate's work, but it's whatever you choose I guess.
(Also check your message box messages for new member information, it helps if you look through it. Much of it doesn't help, but it is still worth looking into.)

I will argue that Foreign Countries have a larger impact on American Culture.

nguyensdh

Pro

nguyensdh forfeited this round.
didymus

Con

didymus forfeited this round.
nguyensdh

Pro

nguyensdh forfeited this round.
didymus

Con

didymus forfeited this round.
nguyensdh

Pro

nguyensdh forfeited this round.
didymus

Con

didymus forfeited this round.
nguyensdh

Pro

nguyensdh forfeited this round.
didymus

Con

didymus forfeited this round.