Technology Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Has Debate.org fallen in quality? (Gaming)

Pengu11
SupaDudz

I personally think Debate.org has fallen in the gaming section. People are making invalid arguments, having broken grammar, being rude to other people. I'll give you some examples. I'll respect your opinion if you don't think Debate.org isn't the worst site. Invalid arguments Example: "Roblox is a dopey, trash game. I played it one time, and never again. Only little annoying squeakers play Roblox. Minecraft is way much better even tho they are two much different games. Roblox is like a turd t...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Are the Tech Giants positive for society?

AviDavi
Duranndal

First of all, I would like to say that it's my first debate on this page. I recently took part on a debate tournament and I found out that I was keen on debate, therefore I decided to create an account here and participate on more debates and discussions. By the way, as I am not very experienced in the debate format of this page, I would really than some help from other users. Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft... These are the Tech Giants of the actual market. In our daily life, we...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Days Ago

Do you agree about VR?

junseo1
JKTwice

Many people use VR. VR is very fun. But, I think use VR is very dangerous. Because first, VR can cause addiction. VR, which gives us pleasure like games, can be addicted and live a hard life every day. Second, VR cannot distinguish between VR and reality. There are many times when VR is unable to distinguish between reality and VR, and many movies tell us about it. Third, VR can cause motion sickness. If you get motion sickness due to VR, you can vomit, or other symptoms. Many people would p...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Should Kids Be Able to Watch YouTube?

DillCuberDecidesToo
baneofthecivilized

Should kids be able to watch YouTube? They are some good and educational videos on it, but also inappropriate bad videos....

Debating Period
4 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

It is proved that there is a limit to how small computer components will get.

AllUnpowerful
Chodubhagat

Please note that my job is not to prove that there is no limit to how small computer components will get; it is to prove that it has not been PROVED that there is a limit to how small computer components will get. Pro and readers, don't strawman my position. Let's isolate an argument that suggest that there is a limit to how small computer components will get. 1. "Computer components can't scale infinitely, so there has to be a limit to how small they will get. That is proof that there is...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Bitcoin is revolutionary and here to stay

NeuralNetwork
ILUVROBLOX43

I'm talking about Bitcoin, not Bitcoin Cash. When you are arguing, you are arguing against Bitcoin not being revolutionary and/or here to stay. Rules: 1. Be respectful 2. Be formal 3. Cite sources, facts must be backed up Preferences 1. Long responses 2. Strong knowledge of the topic...

Debating Period
13 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

If you talk with Cleverbot, you are lonely

ILUVROBLOX43
Discoverypal

I disagree. It is possible for a person who chats with Cleverbot to have friends, family, and maybe a BF/GF. In fact, you are never truly lonely because there are a lot of people that you can interact with. (Unless you live somewhere with absolutely no one around.) Pro will post his/her argument for the end of Round 1. Round 2 are the rebuttals. Good luck....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Children usage of smartphones and other devices should be limited

Lulwa
ALPHAHAWK116

Children usage of smartphones and other devices should be limited because of : (1) Ubiquity of smartphones and similar devices among children and using them most of the time force parents into making them available. Which substitute their social activities and therefore there might be a high tendency to become isolated from the real world. (2) The usage of such devices without setting red lines from their parents will not only affect their social interaction with people, but also they will proba...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago

AI can't fully replace writers simply because of the way humans are.

TheEPICpie
Vongalaxy

AI is becoming quite good, and it will continue to get better. There is already an AI that can right short stories called Shelley. If AI continues down the path it's on, super-intelligent AI, and therefore super-intelligent AI writers, are right around the corner. But I just don't think they can replace human writers for a few reasons. 1. Humans like humans. I bet if you were to give a short story to 10 humans and told 5 of them the story they are about to read was written by an AI and told t...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago

The technological progress from now to 2060 will be larger than the progress made from 1920's to now

TheEPICpie
tumeric

Technology is growing quicker every day, and I personally believe this exponential growth will be going at such a quick rate in the future that 2017 to 2060 will be a bigger technological leap than 1920 to 2017 by many many times....

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 4 Weeks Ago