Technology Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

Is Social Media better than Real life communication?

MahimaS
Donderpants

I say that real life communication should be preferable... I'm waiting for the opponent to come up!...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 6 Hours Ago

Ps4 Vs pc Vs Xbox One

kore
Defeatingbinkie

One last word . Xbox one....

Debating Period
3 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

My first debate, just verifying.

AJJackson412
IsaacBigEars

Do not vote. Just a verification....

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

Can AI take over the world?

BgDebates
TGambit

Hey Everybody! This is a question we often see discussed among our friends and families and even on TV. It is a topic regarding which blockbuster films have been made. It is the subject of many conspiracy theories to say the very least. And most importantly and interestingly for me it makes for an excellent debate. I"ll put across some facts and points so you can decide for yourself. To start with simulating 1 second of human brain activity takes 82,944 processors. Yeah. That"s how powe...

Voting Period
1 Comments
Updated 2 Days Ago

That A Programmer Should Be Held Liable For What Their Software Does

smithomaster
XPMai

I believe that programmers should be held liable for what their software does. If a programmer writes a piece of code bundled within their software that has malicious intent, then they should be held liable for this. If they aren't held liable, then who will be? The host of the software? The publisher? It is obvious that it is the programmer who programmed it should be held, because there is no-one else that they can hold liable....

Voting Period
0 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

All copycat OS or phones of iOS and Apple respectively should be condemned

XPMai
Preston

Based on the facts, the existence of smartphones after Apple are mostly a copycat concept of iOS/iPhone 1 that was released in 2007. [1] Before that, the smartphone is terrible, IBM Simon. [3] In fact, I do not know until I have searched although I know that button based phones will be used in the era without the concept of iOS/iPhone. In 2008, Android 1.0 was released, with the same concept: touch-screen. Features in the phone are also changed to icons, exactly like the iOS. As for phone...

Voting Period
11 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

Should programmers be held liable for their program's decisions?

jakscrow
zekromthepokemon

are actuaries liable for whether insurance plans cancel coverage because the cost-benefit analysis (CBA) favors the cancellation vs the coverage? the cancelled coverage leads to a host of financial hardship, possible bankruptcy and certain death in most cases. actuaries are not held accountable for their CBA so why should a programmer be held responsible for their best guess choice for the least damage given the following scenario: a fully self-driving truck unexpectedly hits an object that h...

0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Social networking sites cause more harm than good

Harrythemasterdebator
Donderpants

I believe that social networking sites cause more harm than good because studies have proven that people (generally teenagers) are more likely to bully through social media than other forms of media or the more traditional methods of bullying. SOURCE: http://www.meganmeierfoundation.org/statistics.html...

5 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

Should 12 year olds have a Cell Phone?

Liyah.here
TheOpinionist

I think 12 year olds should have a cell phone. Because most kids, like me, walk home or ride the bus home/to school and pretty much need a phone. Say one day what if "Miss Sally Sue" woke up late and rushed to get out the house, and catch the bus. Her parents left the house already and she needs to get out the house. So about time Sally goes to the bus stop, the bus just left. So sally waits and see if another bus comes. But another bus doesn't come. So Sally takes out her phone, and calls her m...

7 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago

are iphones the best phone to have

cows1232
Selenia

i love the galaxy...

0 Comments
Updated 2 Weeks Ago