Technology Debates

Sort By:
Showing: 1 - 10

DebateIsland.com New Lincoln-Douglas Debating VS Debate.org?

TrumpSupporter

DebateIsland.com just released "Formal" Debating. That includes Lincoln-Douglas Debating and Traditional Debating. They also have a Blitz mode which is 15 minutes per round. Their is a 9 point voting system. DebateIsland is troll free and you can block trolls. DebateIsland is actively developed and has other updates coming out soon with amazing functionality! After all, it is actively developed unlike DDO. That's why I switched there. The DebateIsland community is very civil and the found...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Day Ago

why is esports is a sport

Itryagain
TRS13gd

Gaming has nothing to do with an actual sport. Gamers are not athletes at all they shouldn't be considered atheletes or be payed anywhere close to what professional atheletes make. For something to be a sport there needs to be physical work happening there's nothing physical about sitting in a chair and playing on your desktop....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 32 Minutes Ago

GDPR: General Data Protection Regulation " a good or a bad thing? And why?

isabellev

In which ways can GDPR be a bad thing and in which ways can it be a good thing (aside from the obvious)?...

Challenge Period
0 Comments
Updated 3 Days Ago

is it ethical to implement an algorithm that gives self-driving cars the right to kill in case of em

saiftadros
ninjad912

Self-driving cars hold out the promise of being safer than manually driven cars. Yet they cannot be a 100 % safe. Collisions are sometimes unavoidable. So self-driving cars need to be programmed for how they should respond to scenarios where collisions are highly likely or unavoidable. The accident-scenarios self-driving cars might face have recently been likened to the key examples and dilemmas associated with the trolley problem. In this article, we critically examine this tempting analogy. We...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Phones In School

jjphilly33333
Ruebels

Should we Have phones in school ?...

Debating Period
0 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Are computers bad for your health?

Lyith
moneymade27

Are computers bad for your health? Some parents say that they are bad for eyes, and some say they are bad for your brain. But i say they quicken your reaction time....

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Prepaid VS Contract Cellular Phone Service

RussellMania741
Woosh

Most people feel that they have to sign up with a big cell phone provider in order to receive good service. People are willing to pay sky rocket prices for high speed data. I have heard people paying $125-$250 for their service. I have straight talk service and I couldn't even imagine signing up for a big cellular company. I pay only $55 a month. I get unlimited calling, Texting, and pic messaging. I also get 15GB of high speed data (4G Lite). I don't ever have to pay for overages. The only th...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Week Ago

Technology Advancements Should Be Mitigated

Mikael306
astraa

Hello, Before I introduce myself... First Round is for acceptance only. Few clarifications: 1. Tech advancement is seen as a problem. 2. The problem should be lessened or even better to eliminate it. 3. Con should prove the aforementioned ideas otherwise, though other issues will arise during the next rounds. Further analysis and contextualization will be given on the next rounds. I am a Mechanical Engineering student and I want to know specifically the EFFECTS of technologies...

Debating Period
2 Comments
Updated 3 Weeks Ago

AMD, within the next 5 years, will take over as the lead processor manufacturer.

kronixx
MindMaster

Back in the first quarter of 2017, Intel launched it's seventh generation of i7 processors, some of the best performing processors of the year. The i7-7700k was being quite questionable, with temperatures up to 90 degrees Celsius on full load. It wasn't long until AMD launched their 1800x processor, coming close, if not equal to Intel's i7-6900k. Finally, the 2 big companies that had been chugging along, were getting competitive. Recently, there has come to light that the thermal paste und...

Debating Period
1 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago

DebateIsland.com - Better than Debate.org?

TrumpSupporter
DawnBringerRiven

DebateIsland.com released another new update that includes user page customization, redesigned Debting, new Debates and Communtiies views, redesigned profile, new closed Debate functionality and Debate status. DebateIsland is troll free and you can block trolls. DebateIsland is actively developed and has other updates coming out soon with amazing functionality! After all, it is actively developed unlike DDO. That's why I switched there. The DebateIsland community is very civil and the fou...

6 Comments
Updated 1 Month Ago