NiWatts
bballcrook21

Teen make foolish desicions with their immature prefrontal cortex?

bballcrook21

NiWatts

Pro

I think that teenagers make stupid decisions with their prefrontal cortexes? Do you
bballcrook21

Con

I accept the debate challenge.

I am arguing that teenagers, in fact, do not make stupid decisions with their prefrontal cortex, in postilion to this debate's creator.

Prefrontal cortex: Many authors have indicated an integral link between a person's personality and the functions of the prefrontal cortex. This brain region has been implicated in planning complex cognitive behavior, personality expression, decision making, and moderating social behavior.

Teenagers: All humans between the ages of 13-19.

Stupid decisions: Acts that lack rationality or thought; lack of depth in choices.

I await my opponent's rebuttal.
NiWatts

Pro

I still think that think that kids make stupid desicions, they can't help that though. They are still developing.
bballcrook21

Con

Due to the aforementioned definitions, the argument falls against the favor of my opponent.

The male brain doesn't fully developed until the age of 25, while the female brain doesn't fully develop until the age of 21.[1] This means that, since 19 is still a teenager, that the chance of a stupid decision being made is much lower than the opposite.

Also, my opponent has yet to state a definition of what he accounts as a stupid decision, nor has he realized that his argument encompasses all teenagers, including some that are more intelligent than the average.

In actuality, the fact that it is nigh impossible to prove that all teenagers made stupid decisions, nor can we come a conclusion of objective stupidity, my opponents argument fails.

Thus, my opponents argument fails and is inane.

[1] http://www.medicaldaily.com...
NiWatts

Pro

NiWatts forfeited this round.
bballcrook21

Con

Forfeiture, extend.
Posted by lzic 11 months ago
lzic
I agree because the teens prefrontal cortex the part that makes decisions is the last to mature
Posted by lord_megatron 11 months ago
lord_megatron
Whatever adults get married and I think that's the mother of all stupid decisions
Posted by corporealbeing 11 months ago
corporealbeing
I think teens are stupid because life's a bitch. - Teen

Brains don't fully develop until the age of 25, so their brains are still relatively young.
Vote Placed by blamonkey 11 months ago
blamonkey
NiWattsbballcrook21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: The pro has forfeited. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iB5gFh6o0x2ZzfKbOrU012knJM2gnWgv9694VcTUT4w/edit?usp=sharing
Vote Placed by lannan13 11 months ago
lannan13
NiWattsbballcrook21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct due to Con due to Pro's forfeiture. In round 1 Pro failed to define the terms in the resolution which Con took advantage of it and defined the terms creating an advantage for Con. Pro fails to define stupid in this debate as R2 he just gives a generalized statement in this round, but he has failed to define stupidity. Con pointed this out and showed how the human brain doesn't develope until they are in their 20's making the argument move on to a broader field in that of adults as well. The BOP in this debate is on Pro, how fails to show how all teenagers make bad mistakes in the absolutism of this debate. The arguments points go to Con. For this I have no choice, but to give the debate to Con.
Vote Placed by Wylted 11 months ago
Wylted
NiWattsbballcrook21Tied
Reasons for voting decision: full forfeit