Anusree2000
provideoman123

Teenager should be given more freedom

Anusree2000

Pro

first round is acceptance. looking forward for this debate.....
provideoman123

Con

No they shouldn't. What are you, a little kid? I'm a goddamn 17 year old with two children and a degree in quantum physics. My parents gave me a lot of freedom as a child, and since I was a brilliant kid, they let me go to parties etc. since I didn't need to study for any of my courses. I got my girlfriend pregnant at 15 and another at 16. Although I am blessed and grateful for my two children every day, I still regret my parents not holding me back a little more, for now I am having trouble going for my degree in nuclear chemistry. Listen to me, don't do what I did.
Anusree2000

Pro

Teenagers should get freedom in their life.If they do not get so they couldn't success in their life. They have to know that what is going on in their surrounding. As long as we know what to do and not do, and may sometimes even choose the wrong things and decisions we learn from them. Keeping us locked up and not allowed to go out, meet friends and have free time is not teaching as anything and instead it's making out lives more miserable.

Giving more freedom does not mean that the parents don't keep a check on them.My parents have given me enough freedom a teenager wants at the same time they do keep a check on what I am doing.We are teenagers and we should be mature enough to take our own decisions of life ,if we cannot take right decision at this age how would be able to handle our problems in the future.As long as we know what to do and not do, and may sometimes even choose the wrong things and decisions we learn from them.

Some teens do misuse their freedom but it he who is responsible for that , parents at this stage give you freedom expecting that you should know how the outer world is.

When some parents curb the freedom of their child and keep them out of the outer world they might get depressed which may affect their other activities and the teen may even go into depression.

So I conclude by saying that teens should be given freedom..
provideoman123

Con

What a life! How nice it would be, to sit on the beach without the constant itch in your pants! I was once on a beach, a couple years ago. The cold water was stinging, but me and my mates went in anyway. We had so much fun, we stayed on the beach for hours. But then, when we were swimming in the deep lake, a guy suddenly started drowning. If we had some supervision, maybe this wouldn't have happened! Teenagers need to be monitored and supervised in case any disasters like this happen.

We had to drag this guy onto beach. Within seconds, we performed CPR. Good thing there was a lifeguard there and we weren't completely free to go anywhere. My first child is 1 year old now. I hope he never gets any ideas from me. I will make sure I protect him and keep him safe. This was not an incident of misusing freedom, but just unfortunate chance.
Anusree2000

Pro

Anusree2000 forfeited this round.
provideoman123

Con

provideoman123 forfeited this round.
Posted by lol101 2 years ago
lol101
It should have been a win for Pro. Sorry Con, but all you did was attack Pro.
Posted by provideoman123 2 years ago
provideoman123
This should not have been a tie, I am clearly in the right here.

Voters please change your votes to Con
Posted by really12 2 years ago
really12
Teenagers are impervious from severe legal penalties, in commonwealth countries they are provided with youth allowance and are provided a free education. How much more freedom could they possible need? Or even want?
Posted by Joss_Whedon 2 years ago
Joss_Whedon
And now I glitched my computer and posted a duplicate comment. Sorry.
Posted by Joss_Whedon 2 years ago
Joss_Whedon
Where did my other comment go? It said that con claimed to be 14 on this link:
http://www.debate.org...
Posted by Joss_Whedon 2 years ago
Joss_Whedon
http://www.debate.org...
Posted by TheYummyCod 2 years ago
TheYummyCod
Lol, I love how both sides use so many sources to back up their vague claims!
Posted by Joss_Whedon 2 years ago
Joss_Whedon
*14, I was searching certain laws pertaining to 16-year-olds.