chiwawatang
VulpesRei

Teenagers no longer a write in properly used English

Con Tied Pro

chiwawatang

Con

Many say that teenagers are very rude, but also that they dont use the English language properly nowadays. This is because they say things that are not supposed to be in the dictionary like doh' even though that word for some reason has been inserted into the oxford english dictionary.

Mainly, abbrieviated language is used for IM-ing people or text. This is NOT because its cool ,but because its quicker. I pretty much use it all the time. Most of these abbrieviations are initials such as: OMG, which stands for OH MY GOD. There is also wubu2: What you been up to? and there is wud: What you doing? All of these are simply way s of saving time forever typing these words.

There is nothing bad with is, it's simply the age of teens!
it's not
These languages are only between teenagers the like, because at leaast my school teaches proper english! So it's just when it's between teenagers, not parents or anything...
VulpesRei

Pro

VulpesRei forfeited this round.
chiwawatang

Con

chiwawatang forfeited this round.
VulpesRei

Pro

VulpesRei forfeited this round.
Posted by ScrewSociety62 9 years ago
ScrewSociety62
I figured I had that coming. I didn't look it over before I was done. I'll rephrase my second sentence. Just because teens choose not to use correct grammar, doesn't mean they can't.

Also, if you're going to try to correct my spelling mistakes, be sure to point out all of them.
Posted by Pluto2493 9 years ago
Pluto2493
"I am 15, and I have no problem using correct Grammar. And just because teens use abbreviations while chatting online doesn't mean that they can't use it, but they are simply saving time. If you were to read a piece written by a teen, most of piece would be written properly."

A. Grammar is not capatalized.
B. Don't start a sentence with and.
C. The second sentence does not make sense. Can teenagers not use abbreviations or can they not use chats online?
Posted by ScrewSociety62 9 years ago
ScrewSociety62
I am 15, and I have no problem using correct Grammar. And just because teens use abbreviations while chatting online doesn't mean that they can't use it, but they are simply saving time. If you were to read a piece written by a teen, most of piece would be written properly.
Posted by Richard89 9 years ago
Richard89
I have no problem with someone using made-up abbreviations in text messaging, but the fact is that an alarmingly high number of teens cannot even write a simple letter without littering it with errors to the point of making it nearly unreadable. The lack of coherent written communication in our nation's youth is a sad reflection on our failing school system.
Posted by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
Con, Unless you purposely did it to prove a point, your title is not written correctly. You state "Teenagers no longer a write in properly used English" You put an "a" in there that doesn't belong. Just thought I should point that out. I would thin k since your debate is about teenagers not using proper English you would make sure you did in this debate. I think you are generalizing and why I do believe some teenagers today don't use proper English, I do believe there are some that do.
Posted by C-Mach 9 years ago
C-Mach
Ahem. There are teenagers that are articulate.
Vote Placed by chiwawatang 9 years ago
chiwawatang
chiwawatangVulpesReiTied
Vote Placed by ScrewSociety62 9 years ago
ScrewSociety62
chiwawatangVulpesReiTied