Tonyabrown
kingkd

Teens and parties

Tonyabrown

Con

My 14 year old son wants to be able to attend parties that possibly have alcohol and is possibly not supervised. These parties would take place at night with no time limit.
kingkd

Pro

The resolution is not made clear at all by the Con side. Perhaps her intentions are that teens should not have parties. However, I will refute her claims.

"My 14 year old son wants to be able to attend parties that possibly have alcohol and is possibly not supervised. These parties would take place at night with no time limit."

If you live in Europe, the chances are there is no legal drinking age so your son would be fine. Also, you state POSSIBLY. Just make sure that the party is supervised.

Teens, just like all other human beings, need socialization and in fact need more socialization than adults because of cognitive function developement occuring. They have parties to fufill this socialization need.

I am not controlling your parenthood, but just make sure the party will be supervised and you will be fine.

Vote Con.
Tonyabrown

Con

Tonyabrown forfeited this round.
kingkd

Pro

Pro has not affirmed the resolution but instead forfeited. Vote Con
Tonyabrown

Con

Tonyabrown forfeited this round.
kingkd

Pro

kingkd forfeited this round.
Posted by GoOrDin 2 years ago
GoOrDin
This is not advice: This is an anecdote.

I went to a party when I was in grade 9. I got drunk. really drunk. But I had a good time.
I did not become an alcoholic in highschool. and I didn't drink often. Because I chose too, not because my father told me not too, or didnt let me. I even drank with my friends at my house when my parents were home.

I didn't go to many other parties though. My friends all did.

Now I dont have any.

I have no social life. Even when I try.

It is important to have a social life. If u can have one outside of the party. that is ideal. But .. i didn't go to the party.

now I have nobody
Posted by GoOrDin 2 years ago
GoOrDin
If he agrees going to the party can cause as much jealously as not going. then that shows good judgment on his part. to understand that is maturity.

If he does not have a social life however. Not going would cause more jealousy. but that doesn't always make him a worse person.

I would like to let him go. I just dont know him. It is good to experience for educational purposes. Even the effects of alcohol.
Posted by GoOrDin 2 years ago
GoOrDin
notice both Going tot he party and Not going to the party were, Jealously invoking. I put that in two separate sentences. it might read in a confusing way.
Posted by GoOrDin 2 years ago
GoOrDin
do u know the other people? any of them? how many friends is he going with you know by face?

I think it is potentially dangerous because I do not know ur son. But over all I think without concern.

Do u ever talk to your son, one on one, regarding his intentions for the future?

I think if u know he has good intentions there is no concern. But if he has no social life, then going to a party may or may not cause personal depression regarding jealousy.

He shouldn't be jealous so he might be better off going. However, if he does not have a social life.. then he might get sucked in or depressed. It is important to have friends.

If he has friends. use that as a reference to make a just decision.

I can't argue this with you. butt hat is my advice for your own consideration.