vi_spex
Emilrose

Telepathy

vi_spex

Pro

Others have eyes but they cant see, they have a mouth and a voice to tell me what I think they can see, and a body to react to what I think they are seeing, but anything they say or do is a product of my own mind, it all begins with me... TELEPATHY
Emilrose

Con

Well hello v_spex! Long time no see, we have debated before...a few times.

Now, as Con, firstly I am going to argue that there is no such thing as telepathy, which is defined as 'the supposed communication of thoughts or ideas by means other than the known senses.'

The only way we humans can actually communicate with each other is through verbal, written or physical communication; meaning that some people can communicate through symbols, signs and gestures. Various acts, such as the act of sex, or act(s) of violence, are also forms of physical communication.

However, telepathy, which is basically the act of communicating to another person through *thought* alone, is simply not physically possible and thus has never been shown as such. People do have the ability to gauge certain reactions from one another and understand what the thought processes of another person may be through assessing their current state of being and behaviour, but obviously, this isn't the same as direct telepathy; which again, is the act of communicating actual thoughts and ideas without verbal or physical effort.
vi_spex

Pro

dont go into town tonight, after dark.
Emilrose

Con

I'm not planning to.
Posted by levi_smiles 10 months ago
levi_smiles
Reads like plagiarized Moody Blues lyrics