elissa_limo
mastajake

Television is a bad influence for young children

mastajake

elissa_limo

Con

I do not think television is a bad influence for younger children. T.V offers a whole range of programmes that as people and human beings we can enjoy. Some people think some shows are inappropriate but that is why children have guardians and parents to make sure what they're watching is ok. T.V shows and movies ALL have ratings - G, PG , M , M 15+ , MA 15 + R 18 + and many more. Those classification details can help people to enjoy what they watch and not watch things that are inappropriate.
mastajake

Pro

I Thank my opponent for bringing this debate forward and I hope my opponent the best of luck through out these next couple of rounds.

without further more wait , Off to debate!
definitions:
influence-1. the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others: He used family influence to get the contract.

debate:
now considering I am the pro stance on this debate I will be agreeing with the fact that television can be a bad influence on young children.

first of all you said it yourself "Some people think some shows are inappropriate " meaning as it could be ( has the possibility to be) a bad influence on the children.

given kids are sneaky at times they will get a hold of a television remote and do what they please, meaning they could easily come across shows with explicit content leaving what every they find can be a possible bad influence

you say "but that is why children have guardians and parents to make sure what they're watching is ok"
now I have two problems with this statement

1. who says the guardian has proper judgment in this scenario them self in the first place because I am sure there are some cases where a parent can have perverted judgment them self leading to the television guidance to be infective for they would let there children watch what ever they want freely leaving the possibility of television being a bad influence for young children.

2. there is the possibility that a parent might not always being around as I explained what would happen in that scenario

"PG , M , M 15+ , MA 15 + R 18 + and many more. Those classification details can help people to enjoy what they watch and not watch things that are inappropriate."

I agree that yes, if used properly T.V. can be Ok for younger children

but if easily abused it can have the wrong influence on young children making the pro stance for this topic completely true

and there may be some people thinking well Mastajake you are saying 'it CAN be a bad influence on younger children' but if it CAN then it IS in certain situations, making every thing I said completely legitimate.

I feel my debate is adequate, I now wait for my opponents rebuttal,

~Mastajake
elissa_limo

Con

elissa_limo forfeited this round.
mastajake

Pro

I extend my previous debate due to the unfortunate forfeit of round two.

I hope my opponent is able to rebuttal in the next round for I will be looking forward to it

~ Mastajake
elissa_limo

Con

elissa_limo forfeited this round.
mastajake

Pro

Given my opponent has provided no substantial debate what-so-ever. I hope this will be an easy one for you to decide.
Again I extend my debate.

Vote 'PRO'

~ Mastajake
Posted by top_contributor 5 years ago
top_contributor
Greatt topic Elissa! Hehehehehehe lol

write more though ppl get picky lol
Vote Placed by InquireTruth 5 years ago
InquireTruth
elissa_limomastajakeTied
Vote Placed by mastajake 5 years ago
mastajake
elissa_limomastajakeTied