a123456z
icxcnika

Television is the leading cause of violence in today's society.

a123456z

Con

Unfortunately much of todays television programming is violent, while Tv violence is not only cause of aggressive or violent behaviour. television on the effectsof violence in the media on effects of violence in the media on society from a conservative is doing past year analysis of the effects of violence on televisio . While this my be partly true to violence. Finally conclusion is violence shown through movies effect society and criminal activities.
icxcnika

Pro

I accept con's challenge and will prove that television is, in fact, the leading cause of violence in today's society.

As I do not believe con has properly laid out definitions, I would like to clarify that "society" should be considered to be those demographics that particularly have issues with violence, such as youth in these United States. I would also like to clarify that "television" should be understood to mean all media that is most typically consumed via a television - that is, movies, television shows, news videos, and video games.

If con wishes to expand or modify these definitions he is encouraged to do so and I will argue accordingly.
a123456z

Con

Today, almost all violence and crimes come out as a result of TV influence. Many people believe in things which are shown on TV and they accept them easily, this leads to a violence. There is no person who is not influenced by TV
icxcnika

Pro

I'm not sure what to add here, because so far everything Con has said was simply a (very weak) argument in my favor. Vote pro.
a123456z

Con

a123456z forfeited this round.
icxcnika

Pro

icxcnika forfeited this round.
Posted by OneoftheYeshua 2 years ago
OneoftheYeshua
"Television is the leading cause of violence in today's society" No; television is not the leading cause of violence in the society of today. The leading cause of violence in the society of today is people who listen to the devil and his lies, which cause people to become violent. The Church Fathers teach us to not take offense, to not give offense, and to be still and know that God is God. But most importantly, they teach us that we must continually pray, "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me the sinner." Why? Because we are all sinners, except for Jesus, who is the only sinless one. Television is not the leading cause of violence in the society of today, people who listen to the devil and his lies are. Amen.