Tennis Doubles should get the same treatment as with Singles

Started: 1/16/2013 Category: Sports

In any Tennis tournaments, the Doubles category is second rate to Singles; from participation, popularity, advertisement, prize money - from everything. Doubles is as fun as Singles & as entertaining as well.

In tennis matches, single matches are a lot more intense because your'e running around the full tennis court, not just half. This is the reason why doubles are secondary to singles.

I play both Singles & Doubles & to measure which one is more "intense" than the other by means of running around a full tennis court is overrated; You can have the same intensity playing tennis in both doubles & singles.

One thing that I would like to point out is that there are exchanges of hits in doubles that cannot be done in single games, for me, this is the true measure of intensity.

Also, as far as entertaining is concern, double games are more fun & exciting to watch than singles when it comes to attacks & defenses, and not to mention, a lot quicker too.

"More fun & exciting to watch" is a very subjective term. What's fun and exciting to one person may in fact be boring to another.

According to the Merriam Webster dictionary, intense is defined as existing in an extreme degree ( Running across a full court is in fact more intense than running across a half-court.

When I mention "more fun & exciting", I mean, I just want to have my cake & it eat too - the main argument is that doubles are not being given the same treatment when it comes to advertisements, prizes, & most of all, even viewing time; thus making it less popular to those who just want to watch tennis. The doubles players have the same training that singles player have, & yet most doubles matches, if not all, are not stage in the Main Grandstand.

I bet you if you have your cake, you want to eat it too, right? :)

corey561 forfeited this round.
Posted by rross 3 years ago
No, I don't think so. Once you've posted, it's all over. You can change the comments on your votes, though.
Posted by TruthWillSetYouFree 3 years ago
is there a way you can add or edit something once you posted your argument? still new in this site, thanks :)
Vote Placed by rross 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited.