TyTennis
pensfan

Tennis is better than hockey

pensfan
Started: 10/26/2013 Category: Sports

TyTennis

Pro

I will take you up on your challenge. I'm Canadian I agree hockey is a great sport. I played hockey for 6 years before I had to give it up to focus solely on tennis. 2 years later I still folllow my Vancouver canucks very closely but I know I made the right decision that Tennis was the better sport to pursue. You read my other debate so you know my rules. You first.
pensfan

Con

i would like to start off by saying good luck. I also think it is very cool that you played hockey, i have been playing since i was 4 ( so about 11 years) and it takes a lot of energy which is good for my ADHD. i would also like to apologize in advance for my spelling i have dyslexia.
to start hockey is better then tennese because theres more action. in hockey players are always moving from one end of the ice to the other and you have a puck moving all over the place at speeds of up to 90+ mph. there is also fighting involved. were in tennis players cant fight, hockey players can drop there gloves and start throwing punches. ( although not until college or profesionals) hockey players never stop moving, they skate faster then anyone can run. it takes up so much energhy that they have to change lines every 30 to 45 seconds so they always have fresh legs on the ice.
TyTennis

Pro

First of all I want to apologize for taking so long to post my argument. I have had a ton of homework this weekend. Tennis is better because in hockey some 4th liners will only play like 5 minutes sometimes less. In fact I heard of one NHLer who had more PIM that TOI. Also, tennis is a lot more pure than hockey, it is a sport that has not been significantly altered since the 15th century. However at the start of every season the NHL releases a bunch of new rules now they are even controlling how players can wear their jersey. Also hockey is becoming more dirty every year, I feel like its almost every day I get a notification from my Game Center app telling me someone else has been suspended for an illegal hit while the other guy is out indefinitely with a concussion. Tennis doesn't have this problem. Tennis has a lot of action because you see something special a lot more than you see in any other sport. Go to you tube and search "Roger Federer Tweener" and you will know what I am referring to.
pensfan

Con

Hockey is better then tennis becuase there is more action. in tennis there are only two players hitting the ball back and forth were in hockey there are 5 players on the ice for each team plus a goaly. In hockey you always have to be in very good shape. your cardio has to be at a very high level. The whole game you will be skating back and forth and changing directions at 100% speed. hockey player also have a lot of strenth. Most of the players, even the ones that look small weigh over 200 pounds of pure muscle. Hockey requires you to be fast, be able to accurately shoot the puck, be able to catch the puck, be able to read players, agility, endurance, toughness, the ability to jump, hitting power, and not to mention this is all done on Ice skates.

watch this video and look at all the action. the different shots for a goal, the hits, the fights. all of this is shows why it is better and harder then tennis.
TyTennis

Pro

TyTennis forfeited this round.
pensfan

Con

pensfan forfeited this round.
TyTennis

Pro

TyTennis forfeited this round.
pensfan

Con

Hockey is also better then tennis becuase hockey players are tougher then tennis players. you dont see tennis players taking out there teeth on the bench then countinue playing the game. Here is a video of Dupuis pulling out one of his teeth during a game. the game he was interviewed and said that he would try to put his tooth back in when he got home.... himself.
The new rules that they make for hockey are for safty reasons. They dont change any rules for tennis becuase they only have to be worried about getting hit with the ball. Were in hockey your being slamed into the boards and the ice and have to worry about getting hit with a hard fast flying peice of rubber. Hockey is a tough contact sport. Some players just cant learn to control themselves (look at the nasty flyers for example). they hit players with an illegal check (when the player makes the hit and they can only see the number of the person there hitting against the boards) those are cheap shots by dirty players. its nearly impossible for a hockey team to go a whole season without an injury, its pretty much expected for players to get injured when theres as much contact as there is. in tennis there is no contact, the players cant hit eachother. There is more action in hockey then tennis. in tennis theres 2 people hitting a ball back and forth. in hockey there are a total of 12 players on the ice at a time ( 3 offense, 2 defense, 1 goaly for each team) and there always moving.
TyTennis

Pro

TyTennis forfeited this round.
pensfan

Con

Hockey is also better then tennis becuase it is more physicaly demanding. when you consider every aspect of athleticism, hockey is the most demanding sport. They have to have very good hand eye cordination to be able to hand the puck. (slap shots, passes, etc..) All the strength requirements of high-speed contact team sports are required of hockey players. You can skate much faster then you can run, which is why hockey players switch lines every 30-45 seconds to keep fresh legs on the ice. there is a lot of contact to. being hit into the boards and on the open ice. Hockey is much more entertaining to watch then tennis. you have players moving all over the ice non stop and the puck moving around all over the ice as well. All of these physical demands are tacked on top of mastering the art of skating-maneuvering on a thin metal blade with a forward-backward rocker and side-to-side hollow.Skating is an incredibly challenging activity by itself.Need proof? Throw an athlete from any other sport on a pair of skates and watch them learn ( fall…hilariously). (i would show you a video of that but i could'nt find one.)
Vote Placed by STALIN 3 years ago
STALIN
TyTennispensfanTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. Pro has no sources. Con has better arguments.