careless-smith
MaxHayslip

Teresa Earnhardt

Started: 5/13/2008 Category: Sports

careless-smith

Pro

She was a loyal wife to Dale and was able to manage a Nascar team. How many people can say that? Not too many.
MaxHayslip

Con

"She was a loyal wife to Dale and was able to manage a Nascar team. How many people can say that? Not too many."

You have given me very little to argue against, but i'll make do with what I can.

None of those moves were as disastrously bad as the one Teresa Earnhardt made when she thought she could call Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s bluff about leaving his late father's racing team. (1)

Her stepson was serious. Painfully so for DEI. (1)

Since his father's on-track death in 2001, Earnhardt Jr., now 32, has become the driving force in all of NASCAR. He has what, half the fans? Sixty percent? Seventy? Any track, any weekend is a home game for Junior, as a sea of red-clad worshippers make him more beloved than his nearest competitors – the likes of Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon – combined. (1)

When Junior takes the lead the place goes nuts. When someone bumps him into a wreck, they'll be met, eventually, with a hail of boos and beer cans from the grandstands. (1)

There essentially is nothing else like it in sports. Only Tiger Woods controls golf in the same manner – assuring crowds, television ratings and revenue. But Woods doesn't play every week, and culturally golf and NASCAR fans are little alike. (1)

Even so, you wouldn't see Nike Golf let Tiger walk under almost any circumstances. You wouldn't see Nike co-founder Phil Knight assume he could just rebuild the division with someone else. Nike knows Tiger is the golf division. (1)

That Teresa Earnhardt didn't see the same in her stepson is stunning. Maybe she really never does show up at the track? Maybe she really never talks to Junior and still thinks he was some silly, hard-partying kid who didn't know the difference between tens of millions and hundreds of millions? (1)

Many fans feel as if Teresa has no business running DEI. (2)

With the passing of Dale Earnhardt Sr. in 2001, all of the company decisions have fallen on the shoulders of Teresa Earnhardt and that seems to be where the problems began (3)

I think that by this it is quite obvious that Teresa Earnhardt has not fulfilled her expectations as the leader of DEI. I would also like to mention that you have given no evidence to either of your claims, making them invalid.

Citations:
(1) http://autoracingsport.com...
(2) http://nascar.suite101.com...
(3) http://www.associatedcontent.com...
careless-smith

Pro

You say ever since the late great Dale died everything fell on her shoulders and problems started. Not true. Dale Jr made a big deal out of everything. He made this poor woman feel bad for his own selfish reasons. Maybe it stemmed from lack of a mother figure in his life until she came. All he wanted was more even though he had 60-70% of fans. He had nothing left to spare for stepmom. She is butt of joke but is really victim. Victims are victims of being convicted.
MaxHayslip

Con

My opponent has failed to offer any true evidence on his claims, therefore all true validity goes to the case showing information and citations (Con).
careless-smith

Pro

My opponent has failed to offer any true evidence on his claims, therefore all true validity goes to the case showing information and citations (Pro).
MaxHayslip

Con

My opponent has failed to examine round 1 Con in which I stated the following

Citations:
(1)http://autoracingsport.com...
(2)http://nascar.suite101.com...
(3)http://www.associatedcontent.com...

If he read this evidence, it would show that because of Teresa's actions DEI has been on a decline.
careless-smith

Pro

But does that make her a bad person overall? I do not think so. Prove she is a bad person overall, or else i will not concede to the debate and be like a little sticky bug.
MaxHayslip

Con

I'm saying that your resolution that she is a loyal wife to Dale and able to manage a Nascar team is not true.

I do not need to say that she is a good person, I just need to show you that one part of your resolution is flawed; I've shown so in my evidence saying that she has driven DEI to the ground. You have yet to provide any evidential backing showing your case.

Vote Neg.
careless-smith

Pro

I regret to say I will rebutt.

"You have yet to provide any evidential backing showing your case."

Now i will

When Teresa was born she got stuck in her mom. They pulled and pulled but could not get her out. Finally she came out.

Five years later her mother was about to get hit by a truck and she dove in front of it and pushed her out of the way to save her mommy.

This makes her a good person
MaxHayslip

Con

My opponent has failed to cite such information (I normally would not pull this, but I've tried to research this occasion and have found no such stories or valor).

I believe one of the flaws in your story is that a five year old Teresa Earnhardt dove and was able to push an adult out of the way before being flattened by a truck. (This can be seen when you have the birthing incident with the next paragraph starting with "Five years later").

In conclusion, My opponent has failed to fully defend the resolution; Neg wins by default.(Also to mention, Neg has provided much more cited information by experts; whereas careless-smith has cited no information and only used his word to state she was a good person).

Thank you for the debate.
Posted by Pluto2493 5 years ago
Pluto2493
Vote on this debate:

http://www.debate.org...
Posted by PublicForumG-d 5 years ago
PublicForumG-d
Oh. I thought you meant the one he currently has. I was like 'No, that's different enough..."
Posted by beem0r 5 years ago
beem0r
He was using my avatar, big "beem0r" written in and everything. He changed it. I didn't report him, I was going to if he hadn't changed it before the week was up.
Posted by PublicForumG-d 5 years ago
PublicForumG-d
I definately love the avatar.

What did careless do to be reported?
Posted by Yraelz 5 years ago
Yraelz
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

This bunny is about 1000x better though.
Posted by Yraelz 5 years ago
Yraelz
LMAO! The picture made me laugh so hard when I saw it!
Posted by beem0r 5 years ago
beem0r
Yeah, that works, I guess.
Posted by beem0r 5 years ago
beem0r
careless-smith: If you see this, I am asking you to change your Avatar ASAP. Your current avatar was not only made by me, but you using my avatar runs the risk of damaging my credibility, since people will associate your arguments with my persona. I will report you for this if you do not change it before the end of this week [Sun, May 25, 12:01 AM EST].
Posted by beem0r 5 years ago
beem0r
Likes my avatar, I guess. Doesn't really fit the name careless-smith, though.
Vote Placed by GaryBacon 5 years ago
GaryBacon
careless-smithMaxHayslipTied
Vote Placed by Derek.Gunn 5 years ago
Derek.Gunn
careless-smithMaxHayslipTied
Vote Placed by MaxHayslip 5 years ago
MaxHayslip
careless-smithMaxHayslipTied