themoongirl
piefav

Terra: Hero or Villain?

themoongirl

themoongirl

Pro

I'm for Terra being the hero. Okay, so she turned traitor, but in the end she sacrificed herself to save the Titans. Teen Titans GO! doesn't mean squat. I mean I love the show, just not what they did with Terra.
piefav

Con

Terra isn't a hero or enemy. (BOOM You though I would be straight forward and be "she should be enemy" but NOPE). She is a person caught in the middle. She was accepted into the Titans, than was forced in with Slade, and on and on.
themoongirl

Pro

Actually, Terra wasn't forced to go with Slade, she chose to because Slade said he could help her control her powers. It was only in the end of Season 2 that Terra was forced to work with Slade because her suit made her connected her to him. But even then, she overpowered Slade and sacrificed herself to save the Teen Titans and Jump City from the volcano. If that doesn't scream HERO, I don't know what does.
piefav

Con

So let's say Hitler went out and sacrificed himself for the allies, would that be of heroship?
themoongirl

Pro

That is WAYYYY different dude. Seriously, whose side do you think Hitler was on??!! Hitler's allies were for killing the innocent to. So if Hitler went out there and scarified himself for them, then yeah, he would be a hero to his allies, but not a hero for doing the right thing. Do you see what I'm trying to say here? I don't know how to explain it any other way. You made that comeback way confusing. Plus, Hitler wasn't being controlled by some crazy guy, he killed everyone out of his own free will. Terra did not kill innocent people, she refused to go that far. Feeling betrayed by the Titans, Terra went to Slade because he was the only other one who offered to help her control her powers. Who knows what happened between then and now, but Slade told Terra things about the Titans that weren't true. So, Terra filled with anger, tried to destroy them. These were all just the cause of feelings built up inside of her. She may have felt hate for the Titans for a short time, but when Slade beat her up, she chose what side she should really be on. The evil never really was in her, where with Hitler, there was only evil. Terra was done being controlled, so she sacrificed herself to SAVE everyone. She did it for the RIGHT THING. HITLER WOULD NOT HAVE!!!! HITLER WAS NOT A CONFUSED MAN WHO DID NOT KNOW HOW TO CONTROL HIS POWERS!!!! HIS HEART WAS NOT FORGIVING!!!! HE KILLED INNOCENT PEOPLE, TERRA DID NOT. THE SACRIFICE TERRA MADE WAS A TRUE ACT OF HEROISIM, FOR THE GOOD!!!!!!! NOT SO HER TROOPS COULD GO ON KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE!!!!
P.S. BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
piefav

Con

Seeing as I have the last argument, I want to say this...

I've never watched Teen Titans before in my life. Vote Pro.
Posted by m-nevermore 2 years ago
m-nevermore
Teen Titans is good; you should watch it. Watch the original one, not the new one (Teen Titans Go). The new one is just weird, and Terra is more of a bitch there. Watch Teen Titans in www.watchcartoononline.com
Look for Teen Titans, not Teen Titans Go.
Posted by m-nevermore 2 years ago
m-nevermore
The Titans did give a chance to her. She had a chance to control her powers with her "friends." But she didn't. She could have practiced her powers with Raven and Starfire. Even Raven and Starfire don't have perfect control over their powers. Raven has her slips. Starfire floats when happy and produces green starbolts when angry without intention to do so. Slade wasn't the only one to offer knowledge of controlling her powers. The Titans offered too. She just picked the wrong person for help. Also, for your information, Terra could have left Slade's reach easlily by staying with the Titans, but she allowed Slade to have control over her. She should have chosen wisely. She did enjoy trying to kill (eliminate, whatever, same thing) the Titans. She had a smirk on her face when she dunked Raven in intention of drowning her. And you say she didn't like killing innocents? I do agree that evil wasn't in her heart at first, but she let the black in her heart grow and overcome the white. Slade wasn't controlling Terra when the Titans first met her. Why couldn't she decide then? She could have prevented all of this. But she's stupid enough to not trust the Titans. The Titans were nice to her; all of Slade's rambling about "Titans being bad, blah, blah, blah" shouldn't work. You should trust observations, not words of the person that never personally knew the topic. Slade's trash talk about the Titans shouldn't work to normal, sane, and heroic people. She back-stabbed everyone that trusted her and all she did when she saved Jump City was (finally!) choosing the best option of the two. She saved her reputation rather than ruining it more. At least that part was smart. Terra was a stupid bitch that doesn't know which option is better.
Posted by m-nevermore 2 years ago
m-nevermore
There were typos in my comment,
...and allow Slade to influence her life. At least the Titans won't.....
.....what I call heroism. She should get a life. So, I believe that Terra was a horrible....
Posted by m-nevermore 2 years ago
m-nevermore
Seriously, Terra broke everone's trust. Even Raven's which requires alot of work to gain her trust. She could have believed the Titans and left Slade in his stupid buisness of crime, but noooo. She had to attempt to kill everyone and then change everyone's opinion about her by sacrificing for an obvious choice. Would you die a hero (back-stabbing bitch who is a terrible example of a hero but still saved people; so tecnically a hero) or just a crinimal that broke poor Beast Boy's heart? Also, Raven was devistated that she actually trusted Terra. Terra is a terrible character that doesn't know which option in her life is a better one. The Titans were perfectally capable of handling Slade, but Terra had to leave the Titans and allow Slade to inflence her life. At least the Titans won't do what Slade did. She could have relied on her "friends" but she decided not to. Look what happened. Why would you go to Slade? Why wouldn't you join your friends and be safe? See how easy it is to pick? She could have prevented all that killing, breaking of trust and heart, and turning in to a statue. It is all her fault this outcome happened. Trying to kill your friend, breaking a hard gained trust and love from a person, destroying half the city then saving her reputation is not what I call heroism. She should het a life. So, I believe that Terra was a horrible character.
I still have to admit that you had a way more reliable source than piefav. You were more convincing, but I watched every episode of the original Teen Titans (and the movie), and I have my own opinion about Terra without piefav attempting to convince someone else something that he/she doesn't believe in.
Posted by themoongirl 2 years ago
themoongirl
So sorry!!!! I had the ending ruined for me to by my friend Hannah.
Posted by Idiosyncratic 2 years ago
Idiosyncratic
argh next time put spoiler alert please!!! I was planning to watch that show soon ):[
Vote Placed by Pokemonzr 2 years ago
Pokemonzr
themoongirlpiefavTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con concedes. No sources used. I didn't like pro's case as no definitions or framing of the topic was provided. Who the heck is Terra? The world may never know...