OberHerr
sweetpie12

Terraria Vs. Minecraft

OberHerr

Pro

This debate is on which of the following games are better:

Terraria or Minecraft.

I will be arguing for Terraria.

For information on both games here are some links

Minecraft: http://en.wikipedia.org...

Terraria: http://en.wikipedia.org...

The first round is for acceptance only.
sweetpie12

Con

Who plays video games? Well, if you do, there are different types of games, two of with are Minecraft and Terraria. I would first like to define some terms. 1) " A Video Game is a game played by electronically manipulating images produced by a computer program on a television screen or other display screen." (Dictionary.com) 2) 3D or 3 Dimensional is
Three-dimensional space, the physical universe or any technique capable of recording three-dimensional visual information or creating the illusion of depth in an image My reasons for supporting this topic, why Minecraft is better than Terraria, because, 1) the game(s) are in 3D, 2) you can costumize you own characters, and 3) you are able to created your own games and play with your friends, even if they are not in the same room as you. I now would like to defend my points, first, that the games are in 3D. Minecraft is in 3D while Terraria, is only in 2D. Which automatically mean that Minecraft is better than Terraria. 3D games allow the players to feel like they are actually in the game. Now, going onto my second contention, which is that players are able to costumize your own characters. Player can create and/or upload skins and make their player (character) the way they want. My 3rd point was that you or the player are allowed to make games allowing your friends to play with you.
For these reasons, I ask for you ballot in support for today resolution, that Minecraft is better than Terraria.
OberHerr

Pro

I would like to point out, you broke a rule in my debate already, which is the first round is for acceptance. I understand your new, so I'll just let you know that normally the first round in most debates is for acceptance.

Three-dimensional space, the physical universe or any technique capable of recording three-dimensional visual information or creating the illusion of depth in an image My reasons for supporting this topic, why Minecraft is better than Terraria, because, 1) the game(s) are in 3D, 2) you can costumize you own characters, and 3) you are able to created your own games and play with your friends, even if they are not in the same room as you. I now would like to defend my points, first, that the games are in 3D. Minecraft is in 3D while Terraria, is only in 2D. Which automatically mean that Minecraft is better than Terraria. 3D games allow the players to feel like they are actually in the game.

This statement REEKS of opinion. You give no real reason WHY this makes it better, aside from it makes you feel more like your in the game. Terraria's 2D format allows you to easily find ores hidden in the world, as well as makes it much easier to fight bosses and monsters, as opposed to Minecraft's 3D format, which basically pits how you find ores on pure luck.

Now, going onto my second contention, which is that players are able to costumize your own characters. Player can create and/or upload skins and make their player (character) the way they want.

In Terraria, you don't even have to upload skins. You just make your person right at the beginning, no hassle required. And also, its not easy for people(like me) that aren't pros as art, to make these skins look even ok, let alone how we want.

My 3rd point was that you or the player are allowed to make games allowing your friends to play with you.

Same in Terraria.

Now for my argument.

Content: Though technically both games have an unlimited amount of content, Terraria has much more diversity. You can collect much more, and without items wearing out, it gives much more incentive to collect these.
sweetpie12

Con

I would first like to say that, i really don't have any idea what the topic is about, and so I am trying to do as much research as I can while getting homework done. I would also like to point out that I am new to this website and do not really know what the rules are, and would like to thank my opponent for pointing this out. So if it is ok than I would just like to repost my arguments, and pretend like it never happened. I realized that I was supposed to only be accepted and not write a speech after I had already posted it.
OberHerr

Pro

I'll just re-post my argument as well, and add some argument points that were for some reason cut off.

In Terraria, you don't even have to upload skins. You just make your person right at the beginning, no hassle required. And also, its not easy for people(like me) that aren't pros as art, to make these skins in Minecraft look even ok, let alone how we want.

Same in Terraria.

Now for my argument.

Items: Though technically both games have an unlimited amount of content, Terraria has much more diversity. You can collect much more, and without items wearing out, it gives much more incentive to collect these. There are probably 4x, or 5x as many items in Terraria than in Minecraft, and many are MUCH more interesting than the most interesting of Minecraft's tools/weapons/items.

NPC's: In Minecraft, the closest thing you have to a real friendly humanoid NPC are the villagers, which I will post a video to show how uninteresting and useless they are. In Terraria you have a Nurse, Merchant, Guide, Gun Dealer, Mechanic, Clothier, and more! I'll also post a video showing all the NPC's. To say the least, Terraria takes the edge in NPC's.

Mining: In Minecraft, unless your in a cavern, 80% of mining is luck. In Terraria, you can drink potions to allow your character to glow, and drink another to see all the ores glow, and yet another to have all the MOB's glow. This allows semi-easy mining, and makes it much simpler to get a full set of armor.

Fighting: In Minecraft, the most complicated thing about fighting, is make sure your reticule is on the enemy. In Terraria the most complicated thing about fighting is knowing which of the 20 some weapons you want to use, and which is best for the situation, and which of the 20+ enemies is standing in front of you. In Terraria boss fights are very difficult, depending on the gear you have. In Minecraft, the only boss you can fight, is a dragon that take WAY too long even hit with an arrow, let alone kill it.

Overall: Overall I think I have stated quite clearly that Terraria is a superior game to Minecraft.
sweetpie12

Con

sweetpie12 forfeited this round.
OberHerr

Pro

I re-state my arguments, and hope my opponent can respond next round.

Vote Pro!
sweetpie12

Con

sweetpie12 forfeited this round.
Posted by sweetpie12 5 years ago
sweetpie12
I know right?
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
Wow.....a tie? REALLY?
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
Lol, that's fine as long as you can hold your own debate wise, I don't care if you have played them or not.
Posted by sweetpie12 5 years ago
sweetpie12
I'm sorry.... i really have enough info for the topic...... i don't really play video games
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
so far pro is winning, con pick it up
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
epicausity lol
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
Yes....it is....duh? So is Terraria.
Posted by 1Historygenius 5 years ago
1Historygenius
Minecraft is a game.
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
Trust me as an avid Minecraft fan, Terraria = Epicausity. Trust me.
Posted by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
yet again, I know nothing about Terreria except that it exists, one needs to play it to know it, and I havent played terraria. So I would abstain anyway. have
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
OberHerrsweetpie12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: If you take. Out the ffd she won.
Vote Placed by MasterKage 5 years ago
MasterKage
OberHerrsweetpie12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forefeits