KingDebater369
rdococ

Terraria is better than Minecraft

KingDebater369
Started: 5/11/2014 Category: Games

KingDebater369

Pro

I think Terraria is a better game than Minecraft. Just so everyone knows - I LOVE MINECRAFT! It's a great game and all - but I just believe that Terraria is a lot more fun to play.

Round 1: Accpetance

Round 2: Present your argments (no rebuttals!!)

Round 3: Rebuttals
rdococ

Con

Looks like I'll argue the case for Minecraft then. I have Minecraft PE though, so my arguments may not be too compelling.
KingDebater369

Pro

**Good luck to my opponent!**

So first of all, I just want to say that Minecraft is a great game. It's very successful and there's no denying that the community and everything is wonderful. So with that out of the way - Here we go:

Minecraft has No Clear Goal:
Minecraft tends to have no focused experience. By this I mean that there is no goal in the game. It's a sand box, and most of what a player does is entirely up to them. You can do anything you want to do in the game, but it often feels like a level editor, in the sense that you can make anything you want - rather than a game in which you play for a certain purpose. You can choose to defeat the Enderdragon in order to "beat the game", but it there is no true end goal.

Terraria has a Clear Goal:
Though Terraria is also a sandbox, there is a purpose to the game. The guide tries to show the player where to go next and how to progress throughout the game. There are different bosses that can be summoned to defeat, and overall the purpose of the game is clear, while still maintaining to be a sandbox. This way the game doesn't compell you to do a certain thing, and gives you the option to choose

Game Items:
Ok, so let's talk about all of the items of the game.

Alright so when it comes to the items in the game - terraria has a LOT more than minecraft. We can start off with the armor. Minecraft has 19 sets of armor (including all colors of leather armor), while Terraria has 21. Terraria has 119 weapons compared, while Minecraft only has 19 (Including TNT, and Splash potions with negative effect.) Terraria has more enchantments, tools, ores, and crafting stations then Minecraft. All of these different items allows for much greater variety of gameplay and more things to explore when compared to Minecraft

NPC'S
Currently, the NPC's in Minecraft are only useful for trading. Other than that they is barely any use. In Terraria there are more than 12 NPC's that are all useful in their own way in order to provide items to the player in order to help them along their journey.

Adventure of mining:
Terraria is defineately the most adventurous of the 2 games. Mining in Terraria is most definately more adventurous when compared to Minecraft, as are many different aspects. Mining in terraria can be a lot longer process than in Minecraft, and you are often confronted with numerous different enemies. The different layers definately add to mroe variety in the game, and the overall feeling is just great. In minecraft - no doubt the zombies and spiders chasing after you can bring a sense of adventure. But after you have played the game for a while, mining can get quite repatitive, where as in Terraria it never get's old

Bosses:
In Minecraft there are currently 2 bosses: The Ender Dragon and the Wither. However, in Terraria there are 18 bosses. The strategy involved to beat all of the bosses in Terraria takes more skill than it does in Miencraft

Ok... I'm getting tired so I'll stop here (lol)

**Good luck to my opponent**

rdococ

Con

Well... That is a certainly compelling argument.

Minecraft is superior when it comes to creativity. It has three whole dimensions where you can freely express your redstone skills, live in the Eiffel Tower, look at terrain much better than Terraria, and even look at those cute Endermen!

Terraria has a MAN EATER. What? That's disgusting. I wouldn't seriously want to battle a MAN EATER.

Minecraft has slimes. Aww, aren't they so cute?

While having much less, Minecraft is more quality, not quantity.
KingDebater369

Pro

**I will now rebut to con's case**

OK so con starts off stating that Minecraft is more creative. While this may be true - Terraria has more adventure. And while you may not be able to build to the scale of Minecraft - You can certainly make amazing things in Terraria as well. Check out this link: http://www.pcgamer.com...

Next, my opponent states that a "MAN EATER" is disgusting. First of all, there is no boss in Terraria called the "MAN EATER". My opponent might be referring to the "Eater of the Worlds", but I fail to see how this has anything to do with the resolution.

"Minecraft has slimes." This clearly proves that my opponent has not played Terraria at all. Anyone that plays Terraria will know that the game has slimes as well... and most players encounter slimes around 2 minutes after starting the game. And in my opinion - the slimes in Terraria are pretty "cute" as well.

The last argument my opponent makes is probably the only clear argument I see. He states, "While having much less Minecraft is more quality, not quantity." But my opponent fails to prove how Minecraft has more quality. Simply stating that it has more quality doesn't mean anything. The quality in Terraria is based on it's quantity. There are more ores, types of armor, tools, npc's etc. These things add to the quality of the game because there are more things to do and explore. It allows for endless hours of fun, while still being a sandbox game.

Vote For PRO!

**Nice debate. Just some advice: You should always try to present every weak point in your opponent's argument, and strengthen your own. There are many things that you missed out on saying that you could have easily pointed out was wrong with Terraria. Anyways - had fun debating , and Have a Great Day!**
rdococ

Con

rdococ forfeited this round.
Posted by KingDebater369 2 years ago
KingDebater369
wow... I convinced you to buy Terraria? I feel so happy! Just so you know - You can squeeze a LOT of game play hours into the game. (my friend has played Terraria for 600 hours... and he's still having fun!)
Posted by epicawesomedude 2 years ago
epicawesomedude
Ok. I have never played terraria before, but I LOVE mine craft. Minecraft is just to improve your imagination. Terraria actually has a goal. After I saw this argument, I am going to buy terraria.
Posted by KingDebater369 2 years ago
KingDebater369
Ha ha yeah. Like I said - Minecraft is a great game. It's creativity is fabulous and the game is very unique.
Posted by enb96 2 years ago
enb96
Ok,ok, they are both awesome!!! I absolutely LOVE them both. Terraria does have more to do and Minecraft has more of the creative aspect but they are both so cool! Im going to have a tough time voting!
Vote Placed by WhizKid 2 years ago
WhizKid
KingDebater369rdococTied
Reasons for voting decision: Why do most the purple circles/rings forfeit their debates?! Seriously? Who are you guys and what's up with the purple circle/ring..?
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
KingDebater369rdococTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for the forfeit. As to arguments, Pro presented a moe thorough case. Con didn't really present ay support for Minecraft over Terraria except some of what were basically jokes. Arguments to Pro.