Luigi_138
hghelkin

Terraria is just as good as Minecraft (if not better)

Started: 12/7/2015 Category: Games

Luigi_138

Pro

Terraria has a lot more content than Minecraft and Minecraft as of 1.9 is going to break PvP for good (unless you use pluggins or mods). Without mods and pluggins Terraria is clearly the best of the two. There are more items, more blocks, more monsters, more NPC's (unlike the bad villager AI), and many more bosses. Minecraft can be just as fun since it is better when it comes to playing with your friends. (unless you want to port forward your own world which is a pain). Terraria is a better when it come to single player and multiplayer if you have a small group. Another problem I have with Minecraft servers is that a lot of them sell promotions that make the player that pays for it overpowered (OP in Minecraft terms) While in Terraria it is just you and your friends most of the time connection to your own servers and as of 1.3 Steam is not letting you host your servers through them. We are debating about Terraria 1.3 and Minecraft 1.8 and 1.9 plans Only. Let the best person win. ; )
hghelkin

Con

Terraria is a ripoff of mindcraft because it has treez, also u can hold a sword. They both bad graphics!
Luigi_138

Pro

I was hoping that I would get someone who could dish out facts to support their side...seems like I was given someone who has no clue about either of these games. Terraria is not a rip off of Minecraft. They are their very own thing. Just because it has blocks doesn't mean it is a rip off. That is the problem with people who are not knowledgeable about games. Terraria is 2D has more variety and has a deeper plot line than Minecraft. Minecraft is great when it comes to making mini-games. But Minecraft has much less content than Terraria when it comes down to the raw game (no commands or pluggins). Please try to give me a good debate.
hghelkin

Con

bud listen, that wasn't me who posted the last round. It was my little brother who logged on to my computer. Anyway, the main reason for which I consider Minecraft to be the better game is because of its innovation and originality factor. After its release, so many games tried to replicate the incredible freedom and expansive worlds. Not to mention it allows for creativity and creations of communities. If a game can do that then that is a sign that it has truly created something phenomenal. Sure, Terraria accomplished this too, but the fact of the matter is that Minecraft has more options. Game modes are abundant and overall, offer a fantastic experience. The game also adds depth, literally, thanks to its first-person 3D perspective. With this view, the emersion factor in Minecraft is outstanding, while Terraria is in a panned out 2d perspective, and the emersion factor is slightly lost.
Luigi_138

Pro

Minecraft cannot be labeled as a super good game just because it was the first of it's kind. It is a base or a platform for other creative minds to build on. Minecraft has more variety only because of external things as in mods and pluggins...So pretty much all of the good things about Minecraft is made by other people since pluggins and mods are not Mojang's product. Terraria has many more Items, Bosses, and possibilities. Minecraft is 3D but that doesn't mean it is better than Terraria. Each game flows well with it's perspective. Minecraft revolves around 3D while Terraria is built around 2D. Also Minecraft is not immersive compared to Terraria. Terraria has fun unique bosses while Minecraft bosses seen to be too predictable. (not based on 1.9) In Terraria there is a wide range of bosses all with different traits. Minecraft has more item variations than actual items while Terraria has a huge number or items. And if you are trying to say that Minecraft was the first successful sandbox then you are wrong. Garry's mod was released almost 4.5 years before Minecraft. Terraria is also a place for creativity. Most of the creativity is meant for people who want to use machinery and not as much about making a nice house.
hghelkin

Con

hghelkin forfeited this round.
Luigi_138

Pro

Also Minecraft was inspired by another game called Infiniminer which was made about a month before minecraft was released. I will hope that my opponent makes a statement this time around.
hghelkin

Con

hghelkin forfeited this round.
Posted by Luigi_138 1 year ago
Luigi_138
also Minecraft was inspired by another game that was already well into development called Infiniminer And the only reason minecraft took off was because of youtube.
Posted by Luigi_138 1 year ago
Luigi_138
My argument is that Terraria is not less desirable than minecraft not that minecraft isn't good. (1.9 makes me dbout this)
Posted by Themeaman909 1 year ago
Themeaman909
I play both games, and I enjoy them very well! Not one is better than the other, not one is more original, and not one is a ripoff. It all depends on your style. I am voting con ( only because you said they where the same...)