DefineRich
bookwyrm

Terraria vs Minecraft

Started: 10/8/2014 Category: Games

DefineRich

Pro

Round 1 is acceptance.

Rules:
- No copying
- Write in your own words
- Don't copy facts from previous debates

Things you don't have to do:
- No need to source your sites if you think you wrote it in your own sentence
bookwyrm

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for issuing this challenge. I look forward to an interesting debate. I will be arguing for Minecraft.
DefineRich

Pro

DefineRich forfeited this round.
bookwyrm

Con

My opponent forfeited the previous round, so I'll keep this round simple so he doesn't have to play catch up. MInecraft is 3D, while Terraria is a 2D sidescroller. This offers many advantages in a building, crafting game like these two. MInecraft also has many more options for base material to work with. Finally, Minecraft is the original build/craft game that started the trend. I'd offer more arguments, but I don't want my opponent to fall behind. Hopefully he gets in on the next round.
DefineRich

Pro

Sorry for my absence.

Now to continue you are right Minecraft is 3D and Terraria is 2D. Minecraft has copied ideas from a lot of games and improve them. Technically minecraft needs to give credits to Terraria because they have copied potions such as invisible potions and many more! Without Terraria minecraft probably wouldn't have those potions they have right now!
bookwyrm

Con

The addition of potions in Minecraft had nothing to do with Terraria, as Terraria development didn't start until January of 2011. (1) Notch, the creator of Minecraft, first mentioned to addition of potions in July 2010. (2) As to one owing the other, though, Terraria owes it's very existence to MInecraft, as it started the genre that Terraria is a part of. In addition, Minecraft allows you to choose between 1st and 3rd person, whereas Terraria is only 3rd. You can also build much more complex and impressive structures in Minecraft than you can in Terraria. There are also modpacks for MInecraft that allow many more building and design options. Tekkit and Voltz are two of my favorites, as you can make highly technological creations like nuclear reactors, teleporters, and even a particle accelerator.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org...
2. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com...
DefineRich

Pro

DefineRich forfeited this round.
bookwyrm

Con

Pro forfeited two rounds and offered no valid arguments. Vote Con.
Posted by bookwyrm 2 years ago
bookwyrm
Actually, maxWi2332, Minecraft was out first.
Posted by maxWi2332 2 years ago
maxWi2332
That is true Terraria has been out before Minecraft, I like both games but Terraria just has more to it you dont just mine at day then sleep at night in Terraria, You have a lot of bosses and enemies and more enviroments and there is more to do once you beat the game
Posted by HatterStein 2 years ago
HatterStein
Oh my goddess this is hard. I love both of these games but i would have to say i'm for Minecraft. Terraria has its moments but Minecraft is first person and third person. I like that a lot. Terraria is side scrolling and though a lot of my favorite games are side scrollers Terraria just doesn't match the awesome feeling of seeing through Steve's eyes. And who doesn't like throwing chickens into lava i know link would.
Posted by DefineRich 2 years ago
DefineRich
I can argue either one of them.
Posted by DefineRich 2 years ago
DefineRich
You choose! :)
Posted by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
Are you supporting Terraria or Minecraft?