1Historygenius
royalpaladin

Terrible Fan Fiction Challenge!

1Historygenius

1Historygenius

Pro

Hello! What is this challenge? A terrible fan fiction challenge! Here are the rules! My opponent and I will each put one fan fiction story that the think is terrible in each round. Based on who has more terrible fan fics than the others will decide who the winner is!

Here is a bad fan fic: http://www.toplessrobot.com...
royalpaladin

Con

This is my first debate, so I will start with a fun, easy topic.

The fanfiction that I have chosen is the infamous "My Immortal" Harry Potter fanfiction.

http://www.fanfiction.net...

Three reasons that my opponent's argument falls.:

1. He did not actually post the fanfiction; rather, he posted a review of it. It is impossible to fairly determine if a fanfiction is bad based on a review that has, quite obviously, ignored many important details that were originally presented. The fanfiction that I posted is a copy of the original and is presented in full form. If you browse through it, you will see that it is horrendous.

2. The fanfiction that I provided has a "Debbie Sue", or a character who wishes to be part of a fanfiction and thus inserts herself into the story. This is a hallmark of poor fanfiction; unfortunately for him, his work does not contain one.

3. The fanfiction that I provided has poor spelling and grammar and twists all of the characters into a modern, "emo" context. Harry Potter is apparently a closet, emo vampire while Albus Dumbledore, Draco, Ron, etc. have all been corrupted as well. Jaden Yuki in his fanfiction, however, could conceivably act in an innocent, cheerful manner while Jack is portrayed as malicious and arrogant in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Season 1, so the character's identities have not been completely taken out of context.

Thus, my fanfiction is worse than his, so you should vote for me.
1Historygenius

Pro

You do not have to review your opponent's fan fiction, that is for the voter to decide which is worse and that is why we provided a link to the story.

Since my opponent did 1 review ,I will respond with 1 review, but then we can stop.

1) My opponent's fan fiction is not long and is actually rather short and it those not contain much.

2) This is rather an identification of a character and who they are and not much else. Also, it is typical of a "Debbie Sue" character to be super smart, super athletic, and practically good at everything. This fan fiction "Debbie Sue" does not show that because it does not explain the character's mentality.

3) The first fan fiction I posted is just disgusting and awful. The content in it evolves rape, murder, and is horrifying. Furthermore, you do not have to read the person reviewing it, just the story itself.

http://www.fanfiction.net...
royalpaladin

Con

One last response. If my opponent wanted only one round, he should not have made it a five round debate.

His responses

1. "My opponent's fan fiction is not long and is actually rather short and it those not contain much."

The fanfiction that I provided is 45 CHAPTERS LONG. Check the link that I gave you.

2. "This is rather an identification of a character and who they are and not much else. Also, it is typical of a "Debbie Sue" character to be super smart, super athletic, and practically good at everything. This fan fiction "Debbie Sue" does not show that because it does not explain the character's mentality."

HE NEVER READ THE WHOLE FAN FICTION: HE ONLY READ ONE CHAPTER, SO HE MISSED THE DEBBIE SUE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.

3) The first fan fiction I posted is just disgusting and awful. The content in it evolves rape, murder, and is horrifying. Furthermore, you do not have to read the person reviewing it, just the story itself."

My Immortal also involves all of those disgusting crimes and is horrifying. Also, he provided a link with exercpts to the story, and not to the story itself, so we have no way to review it.

ALL OF MY ARGUMENTS AGAINST HIS FANFICTION WERE DROPPED. PLEASE EXTEND THEM AND USE THEM TO VOTE FOR ME.
1Historygenius

Pro

My opponent has failed to state if we should read the entire story or the chapter itself. More confusion was added when the link my opponent gave went to chapter 2 not 1. So because of this lack of explanation it makes sense that my opponent did not make it clear what should I or the voters read.

Anyway, here is my third:

http://www.fanfiction.net...
royalpaladin

Con

Chapter 1 is an introduction that somebody else wrote. Even if I did not explicitly state it, we were talking about the fan fiction as a whole, so it was implied that we needed to review my entire book.

It is not fair for him to post new fanfictions just because his previous one was refuted. He called his previous one the "worst one ever", so by posting a new one, he is 1. conceding that he was wrong and should therefore lose the round and 2. being abusive by altering the rules of the debate.

He did not respond to ANY of my arguments. Extend them all and vote for me.
1Historygenius

Pro

May ask why I cannot post new fan fictions. The instructions said to provide a fan fiction for each round. I also did not day that the previous one I posted was the worst ever. What happens is that a fan fiction is posted for each round and in that round a voter must decide between the two fan fictions which is the worst. There is no need to have posted anything else but a link to the story. There should be no arguments because this is not really a debate, just a competition between two fan fictions for each round to see which is worse. Depending on who has the worse would obviously influence the voter to vote for that person.

My fourth: http://www.t-s-s-a.com...
royalpaladin

Con

First, my opponent asked for the most terrible, or worst fan fictions. I only needed to provide 1 because there can only be one worst fan fiction.

Second, this is a debate website, not a spam thread for fanfictions. If he is posting a debate, it is only fair for me to assume that he wants to debate a topic instead of creating a mini-forum.

Finally, Jaden Yuki is less than 18 years old in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. In my opponent's fanfiction, he is raped by Jack Atlas. The terms of service state, "P.Will not upload Content that exploits anyone under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or that solicits personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18." My opponent has violated the terms of service, and, according to the eligibility clause of the terms of service (see below), he needs to lose the debate.

Extend all of my arguments as to why his fanfictions are not as horrible as mine. There is no reason to vote for him.

Eligibility

By using the Debate.org Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) if you are under the age of 18 you have permission from your legal guardian to utilize Debate.org Services. (d) Your use of the Debate.org Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. (e) Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we believe you are not "eligible" to utilize the site's services.
1Historygenius

Pro

My opponent has not followed the rules which gives reason to vote for me.

Also their have been many non-debate but fun posts out hear:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

This was suppose to be rather fun for people to get engaged in literature and decide which ones are the worst. Again the rules are quote:

"Hello! What is this challenge? A terrible fan fiction challenge! Here are the rules! My opponent and I will each put one fan fiction story that the think is terrible in each round. Based on who has more terrible fan fics than the others will decide who the winner is!"

So one fan fiction each round then the voter decides out of all the fan fiction who has the worst fan fiction stories and votes for that person. My opponent just did not listen to the rules for that I should be voted winner. The debating between these was totally unnecessary as only a link to the story was needed. My opponent then brought up the policies of Debate.org which have nothing to do with fan fiction. Who says that we cannot have some fun?

A strongly urge you to vote for me on the account that my opponent did not follow the rules anyway.
royalpaladin

Con

Only one fan fiction can be the worst. Since My Immortal is universally recognized as the worst fanfiction, please vote for me. Also, extend all of my arguments because they were all dropped.
Posted by 1Historygenius 5 years ago
1Historygenius
Also, he only opened one fan fiction when he needed 5. One for each round, the voters would probably decide that over round 1, my opponent would win because it is apparently the worst, but that is only for one round. If I win the other 4 rounds, which I surely did because he presented no other in any other round. I did win 4 rounds, and the only choice for the voters is sadly the first round, but I would still win because I actually followed the rules.
Posted by 1Historygenius 5 years ago
1Historygenius
@maninorange thank you
Posted by maninorange 5 years ago
maninorange
@royalpaladin:
Really? Yes, My Immortal is, so far, the worst fanfic. But
A) you aren't following the format that you agreed to properly, and
B) you are saying things which simply aren't true. A FICTIONAL <18 year old kid getting raped is NOT illegal or against the terms of use as written.
C) As a combination of A and B, you are trying to win on a technicality, and, as that technicality will NOT win you this debate, you're just making yourself look bad.
Posted by maninorange 5 years ago
maninorange
"My Immortal" was the bad fanfic to end all bad fanfics. There will never be a worse one written with serious intent.
Posted by caveat 5 years ago
caveat
How can anyone possibly top that one?
Vote Placed by maninorange 5 years ago
maninorange
1HistorygeniusroyalpaladinTied
Reasons for voting decision: Okay... My Immortal was the worst presented... However, I would rather read that than read Peggy's Revenge AND Garfield. The sum of awfulness is tipped in Pro's favor by the sheer volume and variety of complete garbage.