Terrible Fan Fiction Challenge!
Debate Rounds (5)
Here is a bad fan fic: http://www.toplessrobot.com...
The fanfiction that I have chosen is the infamous "My Immortal" Harry Potter fanfiction.
Three reasons that my opponent's argument falls.:
1. He did not actually post the fanfiction; rather, he posted a review of it. It is impossible to fairly determine if a fanfiction is bad based on a review that has, quite obviously, ignored many important details that were originally presented. The fanfiction that I posted is a copy of the original and is presented in full form. If you browse through it, you will see that it is horrendous.
2. The fanfiction that I provided has a "Debbie Sue", or a character who wishes to be part of a fanfiction and thus inserts herself into the story. This is a hallmark of poor fanfiction; unfortunately for him, his work does not contain one.
3. The fanfiction that I provided has poor spelling and grammar and twists all of the characters into a modern, "emo" context. Harry Potter is apparently a closet, emo vampire while Albus Dumbledore, Draco, Ron, etc. have all been corrupted as well. Jaden Yuki in his fanfiction, however, could conceivably act in an innocent, cheerful manner while Jack is portrayed as malicious and arrogant in Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Season 1, so the character's identities have not been completely taken out of context.
Thus, my fanfiction is worse than his, so you should vote for me.
Since my opponent did 1 review ,I will respond with 1 review, but then we can stop.
1) My opponent's fan fiction is not long and is actually rather short and it those not contain much.
2) This is rather an identification of a character and who they are and not much else. Also, it is typical of a "Debbie Sue" character to be super smart, super athletic, and practically good at everything. This fan fiction "Debbie Sue" does not show that because it does not explain the character's mentality.
3) The first fan fiction I posted is just disgusting and awful. The content in it evolves rape, murder, and is horrifying. Furthermore, you do not have to read the person reviewing it, just the story itself.
1. "My opponent's fan fiction is not long and is actually rather short and it those not contain much."
The fanfiction that I provided is 45 CHAPTERS LONG. Check the link that I gave you.
2. "This is rather an identification of a character and who they are and not much else. Also, it is typical of a "Debbie Sue" character to be super smart, super athletic, and practically good at everything. This fan fiction "Debbie Sue" does not show that because it does not explain the character's mentality."
HE NEVER READ THE WHOLE FAN FICTION: HE ONLY READ ONE CHAPTER, SO HE MISSED THE DEBBIE SUE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.
3) The first fan fiction I posted is just disgusting and awful. The content in it evolves rape, murder, and is horrifying. Furthermore, you do not have to read the person reviewing it, just the story itself."
My Immortal also involves all of those disgusting crimes and is horrifying. Also, he provided a link with exercpts to the story, and not to the story itself, so we have no way to review it.
ALL OF MY ARGUMENTS AGAINST HIS FANFICTION WERE DROPPED. PLEASE EXTEND THEM AND USE THEM TO VOTE FOR ME.
Anyway, here is my third:
It is not fair for him to post new fanfictions just because his previous one was refuted. He called his previous one the "worst one ever", so by posting a new one, he is 1. conceding that he was wrong and should therefore lose the round and 2. being abusive by altering the rules of the debate.
He did not respond to ANY of my arguments. Extend them all and vote for me.
My fourth: http://www.t-s-s-a.com...
Second, this is a debate website, not a spam thread for fanfictions. If he is posting a debate, it is only fair for me to assume that he wants to debate a topic instead of creating a mini-forum.
Finally, Jaden Yuki is less than 18 years old in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. In my opponent's fanfiction, he is raped by Jack Atlas. The terms of service state, "P.Will not upload Content that exploits anyone under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or that solicits personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18." My opponent has violated the terms of service, and, according to the eligibility clause of the terms of service (see below), he needs to lose the debate.
Extend all of my arguments as to why his fanfictions are not as horrible as mine. There is no reason to vote for him.
By using the Debate.org Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) if you are under the age of 18 you have permission from your legal guardian to utilize Debate.org Services. (d) Your use of the Debate.org Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. (e) Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we believe you are not "eligible" to utilize the site's services.
Also their have been many non-debate but fun posts out hear:
This was suppose to be rather fun for people to get engaged in literature and decide which ones are the worst. Again the rules are quote:
"Hello! What is this challenge? A terrible fan fiction challenge! Here are the rules! My opponent and I will each put one fan fiction story that the think is terrible in each round. Based on who has more terrible fan fics than the others will decide who the winner is!"
So one fan fiction each round then the voter decides out of all the fan fiction who has the worst fan fiction stories and votes for that person. My opponent just did not listen to the rules for that I should be voted winner. The debating between these was totally unnecessary as only a link to the story was needed. My opponent then brought up the policies of Debate.org which have nothing to do with fan fiction. Who says that we cannot have some fun?
A strongly urge you to vote for me on the account that my opponent did not follow the rules anyway.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by maninorange 5 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||3||0|
Reasons for voting decision: Okay... My Immortal was the worst presented... However, I would rather read that than read Peggy's Revenge AND Garfield. The sum of awfulness is tipped in Pro's favor by the sheer volume and variety of complete garbage.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.