Aircraftfreak1
athenaforce

Terrorism Can Be Justified

Aircraftfreak1

Aircraftfreak1

Con

1st round acceptance.

I will argue that any from of Terrorism cannot be justified.

Look forward to a good debate.
Thanks Everyone.
athenaforce

Pro

Hello I wish to debate you. I do personally believe you are right but I will play devils advocate and hope this will be fun. I will take a stance that terrorism can be justified. Though I wish to talk to you about definitions we will use for this debate.

"the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes." http://dictionary.reference.com...

Or "a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government." http://dictionary.reference.com...

Which term definition do you find accurate and a reminder that this definition that you choose will be used the entire debate no matter what unless strong evidence counts the definition you choose as void.
Aircraftfreak1

Con

Ok lets dive into this.

Firstly, I would like to answers Pro's question,

"Which term definition do you find accurate and a reminder that this definition that you choose will be used the entire debate no matter what unless strong evidence counts the definition you choose as void."

I will use the definition of "the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes." http://dictionary.reference.com......

Now I will make my arguments, and intend to prove that Terrorism cannot be justified.

Contention #1: Terrorism endangers and/or can harm, or even kill INNOCENT civilians.

Acts of Terrorism Include:

Bombing
Hijacking
Arson
Kidnapping
Assault
Murder
Theft
Biological Attacks
Sabotage

So with all these, can you show me one, that doesn't pose a threat to civilians? Even more, innocent civilians. No, you can't. How is it possible for other humans to justify killing, harming, or endangering other humans, and even with some events that have occurred in the past, killing large amounts of people. I don't see how thats possible, even if the target of the attacks are/is someone who has done something bad to you.

There has been 101 terrorist attacks this year. Yes, I am talking about 2014. 96/101 of these have involved at least one death.
Proof that at least 90% of terrorist attacks involve a death, and so many more injured.

Everyone knows that one of the golden rules we grew up with is "Do unto others, as you would have them do to you".
In my personal opinion, this a good thing to live by, and most people would agree with me.

It's not "Do unto others, what they have done to you"

For a very good reason, it's is not that, do unto others as you would have them do to you is a philosophy to keep peace in our world. It means that even if someone has done something bad to you, still treat them the way you want to be treated (don't do any bad to them back)

Contention #2: Inflicting harm on people is not a healthy or good way to get rid of your feelings.

This pretty much speaks for it self, but I will elaborate.

If you are mad, talk to someone, complain, get help. Don't kill people to show where you stand, because the people you are killing have nothing to do with you not being happy or getting your way.

September 11, 2001: 4 planes are Hijacked, crashed. 2996 people were killed, 6000+ injured, including innocent babies, kids, and adults.

April 13, 2013: 2 pressure cooker bombs are planted at the Boston Marathon, killing 3 spectators and injuring 264 others.

There are so many, as said above I could state 101 examples, just from this year, but I don't have the time for that.
These are to fair way to deal with your anger. It's not healthy, and it sure won't make people listen to your message/wanting/or to what you have to say.

---Conclusion---

Terrorism is not fair. It is especially cannot be justified. Killing people, Harming people, Endangering people cannot be justified. If you are mad, and/or want people to listen to what you have to say. Don't kill people. Get help.

I think the best rule to live by is: "Do unto others, as you would have them do to you"

Source(s)

1: http://en.wikipedia.org...
2: http://en.wikipedia.org...
3: http://en.wikipedia.org...
athenaforce

Pro

athenaforce forfeited this round.
Aircraftfreak1

Con

Well, unfortunately my opponent has not posted a argument.

Hopefully next round!
athenaforce

Pro

athenaforce forfeited this round.
Aircraftfreak1

Con

Vote Con!
athenaforce

Pro

athenaforce forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by wrichcirw 2 years ago
wrichcirw
Aircraftfreak1athenaforceTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
Aircraftfreak1athenaforceTied
Reasons for voting decision: Welp, that was a waste of Con's time. Pro forfeited the whole shebang, losing conduct and arguments in one fell swoop. S&G and Sources hardly seemed worth scoring. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.