Sniper1576
lannan13

Terrorism in the US- Is it really here?

lannan13

Sniper1576

Pro

I think that terrorisim is here-- in the United States of America. There are many reasons and evidence as to show that there is terrorisim here, in the US. One is the bombing. Someone bombed at the running and/or special olympics. I'd be happy to conversate and debate with you. :D
lannan13

Con

I accept. I shall use this round to define domesitic terrorism since the resolution applies to terrorism being inside the US.

Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:

• Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
  • Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
  • Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S. (http://www.fbi.gov...)

I now await my opponent's opening arguments.
Sniper1576

Pro

There has been much violence in America, either viewed by the public or not. ISSIS cells are now in the largest cities... The bombing, along with the acts in Baltimore. There is talk of more attacks...
lannan13

Con

Apparently we need to define another word for this debate.

Is- 3rd person singular present indicative of be. (http://dictionary.reference.com...)

This means that said thing must currently be happening in the United States. So that already rules out the Boston Bombing. If we also look at ISIS we can see that they are not in the US. (http://www.thenation.com...) As a matter of fact they aren't even a threat to us. A study shows that 71% of Americans are overworrying about this issue and it appears that my opponent is one of those people. Another astonishing fact is that you are 35,079 times more likely to die from cancer than a terrorist attack. (http://www.globalresearch.ca...) Now before you go off thinking you're going to drop dead from cancer, you're not, these odds are extremely low for this to happen and we can see that the threat of terror is way overblown.

What's occuring in Baltimore isn't terrorism either. It's actually Protests. (http://en.wikipedia.org...) The violence there was caused by social media and the idoicracy that many people are overblowing the whole race issue. This isn't terrorism and it's not in America.

Wake up people.
Sniper1576

Pro

There is always, nowadays, a possibility of terrorism. Not just from ISSIS, but from our own people. We are on the verge of war, because of ISSIS. ISSIS and other organizations have been a problem to us for a while, now.

My arguments would be more valid, but, I am at school. Well, I enjoyed debating with you on this topic. :)
lannan13

Con

My opponent has failed to uphold the BOP. I have shown that the risk for terror at home is microscopically low and that you have a better chance of caughting cancer then dying from a terrorist strike. My opponent has brought up no evidence to back his arguments while I have shown that this is impossible and will probably not happen. Not only that, but not to mention that what's going on in Baltimore isn't terrorism.

So with that I thank you and please ask you to vote Con.
Vote Placed by tajshar2k 2 years ago
tajshar2k
Sniper1576lannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was the only one who presented an argument backed up with sources, and Pro failed to uphold his BOP.
Vote Placed by kingkd 2 years ago
kingkd
Sniper1576lannan13Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had no sources and did not prove that as of now, terrorism is in the US