ThatLibertarian
Texas14

Texas is better than California

Started: 7/13/2015 Category: Funny

ThatLibertarian

Con

Just a weird debate not intended to be srs. No offense to Texans, as half of my family is Texan. I look forward to beginning this :P
This round is acceptance
Texas14

Pro

I accept. Californians are wonderful people and I have nothing against them, but I believe Texas is a better state. Good luck to my opponent!
ThatLibertarian

Con

Thank you for accepting. I will now lay out my argument.

1. Natural Attractions

Lets take a look at some of our states natural wonders. For now I will focus in on beaches. In the following link there will be a list of really cool and amazing beaches in California.
http://www.travelchannel.com...

I'm going to specifically focus in on one of the best beaches in the that list, and just all of California. Venice Beach is a very fun location to be at with all sorts of things for everyone to be entertained by

"Venice Beach
Venice Beach
No beach in the world is like Venice Beach. Sure, other California beaches have sand, surf and sunshine. But they do not have a 3-ring urban street circus, complete with philosophizing artists, trash-talking hoopsters, preening weightlifters, barefoot sand sculptors and more. All of this frenetic activity happens on Ocean Front Walk, a 3/4-mile concrete boardwalk with stores, fast-food spots, flea markets and artists."

Cclearly is this not only a beach, but also somewhat of a cultural center, with various attractions. If your into beaches, come to California. And you may say "What about the Padre Island National Seashore?". Well yes if your into quiet and rather barren beaches, that may be a good option. But also included in this list is tons of beaches like that, perfect for the type of man who doesn't like noise and prefers peace and wants to be able to relax without noise. And moving on from beaches we cant talk about natural attractions without including Yosemite

the following link includes pictures truly stunning. Viewer discretion advised.
http://www.debate.org...

Overall I think a man choosing between going to California for its natural beauty, or Texas, would choose California. And Moving on from just Natural Beauty here's a poll about U.S. States from BusinessInsider.

"We asked respondents — 1603 of them — to answer each question with a state that wasn't their own. The poll was carried out using SurveyMonkey's Audience feature, which was more accurate predicting the 2012 election than numerous traditional pollsters.

The following maps show that data. Look under each map for details when it comes to the color scale. The darkest color had the highest number of votes, the whitest color had next to none.

Massachusetts has the weirdest accent. Trailing close behind are Louisiana, Alabama, Minnesota, New York and New Jersey.

US State Poll Maps question 01Walter Hickey / BI, Poll by SurveyMonkeyMax: Massachusetts, 264 of 1603 votes, 16%

New York scored around 20% of the vote for best food. California and Louisiana get honorable mentions.

US State Poll Maps question 02Walter Hickey / BI, Poll by SurveyMonkeyMax: New York, 305 of 1603 votes, 19%

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com...
"

As you can see here, Texas clearly had a weirder accent than Californians. And California had much, much better food *cough cough, "Napa County" cough cough* also *cough cough "Wine in Napa" cough cough*

I will expand my argument in the next round.

Texas14

Pro

1. Natural Attractions

Texas may not be known for famous natural landmarks, but it certainly has many of God's works of art. Here are a few.

1. Longhorn Caverns State Park: This one is my personal favorite natural landmark of Texas. Its walls eroded by billions of years of water and rock formation are amazing. These caverns are also a historical site given that they have housed Comanche Indians, Confederate Soldiers, and maybe some outlaws.

2. Fossil Rim Wildlife Center: I went to this one when I was a really little kid, but still have vivid memories of it. In Glen Rose Texas, the Fossil Rim Wildlife Center provides a stable environment to over a thousand species of wildlife, many of whom are endangered. It also is fun site for tourists to take a miniature safari right here in the United States!

3. Dinosaur State Park: Also located near Glen Rose Texas, this state park is truly unique in its features. It has fully preserved fossilized dinosaur tracks sitting exactly where it was found. Tourists can also see small and large fossils that are millions of years old.

http://gotexas.about.com...

I'd also point our that the beaches that my opponent mentioned are not natural. The ocean is natural, but most American beaches have sand added to them and are not directly man made. This is not to say that nothing my opponent said is true, but it is to challenge some of what he said and to challenge the statement that someone with of a choice of seeing nature in California and Texas would choose California.

My opponent also brought up some studies about state accents and food quality. Texas was voted one of the weirder accent states and California was voted to have better food. First of all, I don't think weird accents are necessarily bad things. They are weird and in many cases funny, both of which can be good things. As far as food goes, this was a study based on popular opinion and not food critics. So we can't go ahead and say that California has better food than Texas. I have been to both California and Texas and both certainly have good food, but I think Texas has better food. Examples include chicken fried steak, barbecue, chili, a wide variety of Mexican food, and lots of others.

http://www.dallasnews.com...
ThatLibertarian

Con

unfortunately, due to personal reasons, I will not be able to make an argument this round
Texas14

Pro

Ok. Are you done with the debate or is it just that round?
ThatLibertarian

Con

ThatLibertarian forfeited this round.
Texas14

Pro

I extend.
ThatLibertarian

Con

ThatLibertarian forfeited this round.
Texas14

Pro

I extend.
Posted by jamccartney 1 year ago
jamccartney
Con, you're a libertarian and you like California better than Texas?
Posted by jamccartney 1 year ago
jamccartney
I've lived in both states. California has better weather and is a huge technology hub, and it is also more culturally diverse. Texas is freer and the Dollar goes farther there. Both are nice; I'm not sure if I could choose between the two, which is funny, since I don't plan to live in either places in the future.
Posted by Bet-On-It 1 year ago
Bet-On-It
texas is better
Posted by USN276 2 years ago
USN276
don't forget the fact Texas has gun rights unlike Commiefornia
Posted by ThatLibertarian 2 years ago
ThatLibertarian
read the poll link, you can see Texas is near bottom on several other time, like for example, Texas is the least favorite state.